Upping my beat - a personal challenge

Options
So I had my stats measured this morning - not all good news but my BMI was better than expected. It showed me as overweight instead of obese. Anyways, the instructor said that my really healthy heart could stand up to quite a lot and that I should try working out harder as much as possible. I have that much more of a margin before I can get my heart rate to where it needs to be.

I need to raise my heart rate to about 80% of my heart's ability. So thats 80% of 180 (which is the maximum my heart can beat).

Working that out, my heart rate needs to raise to 144 bpm or above.

When he tested me this morning my heart rate was coming in at 51 bpm. My resting rate is 40 bpm. My heart is classed as athletic, even though it has a murmur. I wish the rest of me was as fit! LOL

I think the average is 60-80 bpm. I managed to get it to a maximum of 163 bpm today and sustained high rates for about 48 minutes of a 1 hour 10 minute workout.

I find myself checking my HRM more often which can be distracting, but I guess I'll start to learn what it feels like in future.

All this has to take into account injuries and soreness from prior workouts and those days when you feel you can't give anymore. It's gonna be a challenge for sure but an interesting one I think.

Julia
"Aut viam inveniam aut faciam ~ I'll either find a way or make one"