Low-Impact Cardio

Options
I have a knee injury and am not supposed to run or do anything high impact, but for obvious reasons, I still need to get my cardio in.

I have always struggled to come up with low impact cardio routines. I used to run A LOT and ran races and everything, but can't anymore. I'm really struggling to find low impact cardio with NO jumping jacks.

Any tips on where to find some tips? Do you have any tips?

Replies

• odillehay
    odillehay Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I have had over 50% of my medial meniscus removed in both knees due to injuries, so low impact is a must for me too. I used to be a runner back in the day and now use an elliptical. You can get going at a good pace (almost like running), but with minimal impact.
  • mjrkearney
    mjrkearney Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    Elliptical, bike, handbike, swimming. Just off the top of my head.
  • NaomiJFoster
    NaomiJFoster Posts: 1,450 Member
    Options
    Do you like working out at home with videos? If you do, I highly recommend that you get on You Tube and look up Leslie Sansone's Walk Away The Pounds videos. There are several on line. And they are very inexpensive if you want to actually go to Target and buy your own. It's all walking in place (marching), side steps, low kicks, and knee raises. Very low impact. But since there are also arm motions involved, you really do get your heartrate up to a good pace (mine usually gets around 155-165 for most of the workout).