Body issues after Major Weight Loss

Options
Hi there, I was wondering if anyone out there can help me. I have lost 161 to date and still have more to go, but will the excess skin shrink? I don't want to go through surgery but I've been trying to find stories/pictures of people who are going through this or have reached their goal. I want to know if I will ever be able to wear a bikini. Will I always have loose skin?

Replies

• kayemme
    kayemme Posts: 1,782 Member
    Options
    are you doing any strength training? yoga? pilates?
  • jeslaughter
    jeslaughter Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Hi there, I was wondering if anyone out there can help me. I have lost 161 to date and still have more to go, but will the excess skin shrink? I don't want to go through surgery but I've been trying to find stories/pictures of people who are going through this or have reached their goal. I want to know if I will ever be able to wear a bikini. Will I always have loose skin?

I am and have been wondering the same thing...good post!!
  • Junken_Diraffe
    Junken_Diraffe Posts: 716 Member
    Options
    Just be patient. It gets better as time passes. I lost 60ish lbs, and had 2 kids, so I had the "mommy tummy". It's mostly gone now, and gets better every day. Last summer, I wore a bikini for the first time since I was a teen!

Before:
    32479585_5683.jpg

After:
    32479585_7585.jpg
  • OMGitsaLisa
    Options
    I've wondered the same thing, but prefer not to think about it because I haven't yet come across a story like that where the ending didn't require surgery or simply living with it. I've heard a lot about how it will be much better the lower you push your body fat percentage and increase your muscle mass, but I've resigned myself to the knowledge that I will require surgery when this is all over if I ever want to look good naked. My body is completely wrecked and now I'm in it to be healtier, not prettier.
  • vlwimb84
    vlwimb84 Posts: 15
    Options
    From what I hear if the weight loss is gradual your skin will naturally have time to shrink and tighten...its the people who have the gastro surgery that experience this the worst because their weight loss is very rapid, thus not giving the skin time to adjust
  • vdumenko82
    vdumenko82 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Kayemme, I'm back doing cardio and doing some strength training. I'm looking at getting a personal trainer to get a routine made for me.
    Lately I haven't been trying very hard to get the rest of the weight off but I am soo frustrated with myself because of that so now I'm more than determined to get it off. I'm trying to be more public with the weight loss so maybe that will help.
  • arcticfox04
    arcticfox04 Posts: 1,011 Member
    Options
    I lost 100 pounds in 11 months without surgery. Now I get surgery to fix this skin problem. Seems my bodies skin decided to just stop healing in general. Its been a couple months now and just reduction. Going to the gym, doing cardio, and strict macros and nothing is fixing this problem for the past 8 months now.

My suggestion is lose fat and replace it with muscle as your lose weight.