Running - SO COOL!!!

Options
The last time I ran was two summers ago, with my sister-in-law...then we both got prego and stopped running. We had newborns last summer, so didn't do any running (and we live in Canada, and did not feel compelled to start running in the ice and snow!). Anyway, we're ready to get back into it this year, so planned to begin March 5th (last week).

Since January I've been doing 30DS then Insanity, so I"m feeling much stronger than ever before. But I was dreading the first few runs remembering how every part of my body rebelled and screamed for me to stop each second (we're doing the C25K again, so it's pretty easy at just 1 min of running 1 min of walking).

ANYWAY - this is the so cool part - first morning out there and I felt I could run forever!!!! I felt so strong and able - it was incredible!! Extra bonus is that I've never been a fast runner, my sis-in-law could always beat me by a mile at the end, but this time, I'm fast too - it's such an awesome feeling to love running right from the beginning!! We're entered into a 5km race at the end of April and another in July. We're also doing the Warrior dash in July, but I think I'm going to start looking for a 10km race for August/September, I might be ready for it!!

So excited, just wanted to share with any other like minded runners!! :)

Replies

• Sparlingo
    Sparlingo Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    This is such a great win for you :smile:. Nothing like a personal best or breaking through new fitness barriers to make you feel like you truly could do and conquer anything!

Keep at it!!
  • j_courter
    j_courter Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! Being stronger and more fit certainly helps when you're running. I would encourage you to continue to work the 30 DS and Insanity workouts in so you don't lose the strength you've gained. You can do it! Have a ball! (Plus it's a great way for a momma to take a bit of a break!)
  • sixisCHANGEDjk
    Options
    Congratulations.
  • ThisGirl2013
    ThisGirl2013 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    Amazing! You make me want to run, too!
  • LoosingMyLast15
    LoosingMyLast15 Posts: 1,457 Member
    Options
    congratulations!