Ahhh what to do?

Options
Hi everyone!! This is my third day using this great website. I am amazed at how strangers are coaching each other through the net to achieve their goals! I think it is faboulous!! I have a dilemma forgive my newbieness..lol. I would love some advice from the longtimers. So my goal is to lose 70 pounds. The past couple days I have eaten so healthy that I have between 200-600 calories left over. These are not my exercise cals and I usually only get about 379 cals for exercise a day due to my "brisk walk"..lol. So I know that if I eat to many cals I will gain weight and I also know that if I eat to little starvation sets in and = gaining weight..Ahhh so confusing!! I am just wondering how the rest of you cope with this and if I am under a couple times a week but then over other times if it will be a happy meduim?? I know that no two bodies are they same but any advice would be really helpful..I would love to actually lose the weight this year instead of dreaming about it. Thanks to you all and good luck on your journey!!!

Replies

• KalB
    KalB Posts: 42
    Options
    I am in no way a long timer on here still a newbie myself. But one thing I have been told and I love is to eat healthy, Eat till you are satisfied. Work out. Drink TONS of water. And above all dont stress the numbers to much. When you have all those cals left are you still feeling hungry at all though your day? If so maybe add a snack of two.
  • electricgypsy
    electricgypsy Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    sometimes i struggle to eat my calories but i persit, saturday i had to eat 2200 calories which would have been way more fun if they weren't meant to be healthy. try snacking on peanut butter or protein bars, they add up quick and are healthy too.
  • kwardklinck
    kwardklinck Posts: 1,601
    Options
    It helps if you plan your meals the night before or morning of. Figure out what you're going to eat and put that in before you eat anything. It helps you balance your calories throughout the day so you don't go over or under. I also log my exercise in the morning. That way, I know I have to do it.
  • pettmybunny
    pettmybunny Posts: 1,986 Member
    Options
    Try switching to some higher calorie options. For example, if you drink skimmed milk, try switching to the one or two percent. If you use reduced fat or light stuff, use the regular (remember, you do need some fats in your diet). Add in cheese, avocado, or the peanut butter that another poster suggested. Use delicious full calorie multi grain bread to make toast or a sandwich. Or have brown rice along with the veggies for dinner.

The calories you add don't need to be "junk" calories, just more dense food.

Edited to add: Might help if you open your diary for viewing, so we can see what you're eating and where you can tweak.