New here transitioning over from Weight Watchers

Options

Replies

• mskittyok
    mskittyok Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I was on weight watchers for 2 years and only lost 38 lbs...I switched over to MFP in January 2013 and have lost 11 lbs already. I am so excited...MFP really works...welcome to MFP!
  • feelin31
    feelin31 Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    I actually made Lifetime for WW a very long time ago. I found this great post that tells you how to show your WW Points on the MFP site. Try it out!! It is very cool!! go to this message board:
    How to Track Weight Watchers Points on MFP!!
  • candycoateddeana
    Options
    I just joined also! Need some friends to keep each other motivated :flowerforyou: ....off to exercise... feel free to add.
  • LynneseLooksgood
    Options
    Thank you! Have you had more success here?
  • LynneseLooksgood
    Options
    Thanx! Im adding you.
  • LynneseLooksgood
    Options
    Congrats on your weight loss! I will add you..
  • LynneseLooksgood
    Options
    Please let me know what are your thoughts on the two and how they compare.
  • LynneseLooksgood
    Options
    Thanks I will look into it. I've been wondering about that too.
  • mamagirl49
    mamagirl49 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I did WW both online and meetings before a pal turned me on to MFP and I love it! This works so much better for me. The support and encouragement here is many times better here. The community here is amazing. Best wishes to you for great success!!
  • LynneseLooksgood
    Options
    That's what i'm talking about! I hope I lose more!
  • teebeegeebee
    teebeegeebee Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Welcome

there is a means to display weight watchers points in your food diary if this helps - its a change of settings which you can do for yourself

I use it to keep an eye on things and am having a bigger success here

The interesting thing for me is that I am winning by using fare less points than WW would say and I feel more satisfied as well

good luck
  • CAS317
    CAS317 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    I did WW before and after Points Plus. I never had any luck with either of the formats. I love MFP. I've been here for a little while. I've had my share of falling off track but I'm in it for the long haul now. Always accepting new friends who login and log their intake regularly:)
  • LynneseLooksgood
    Options
    I set my goal to 2pds a week. Won't 1 pd give me more calories?
  • LynneseLooksgood
    Options
    Thank you .. I'd like to do that.
  • azcarole
    azcarole Posts: 1
    Options
    Welcome Lynnese-I am new to MFP also-I also was doing weightwatchers! I love the fitness pal format because it tracks so many things. I also like that I can share my experiences with friends-could never figure out how to do that on WW. Please add me if you like!
  • kw85296
    kw85296 Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    I started out on Weight Watchers and plateaued. I joined MFP in September and am now nearing my goal. I will still be here for my maintainence, because it is a great site and a wonderful tool. Feel free to add me as a friend if you wish.
  • grandmafish6
    grandmafish6 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I just quit WW and joined MFP -- need some friends to meet along this journey and experience success. Thanks.
  • Lemonade2013
    Options
    Welcome

there is a means to display weight watchers points in your food diary if this helps - its a change of settings which you can do for yourself

I use it to keep an eye on things and am having a bigger success here

The interesting thing for me is that I am winning by using fare less points than WW would say and I feel more satisfied as well

good luck

I didn't know that, thank you will see if I can see how it works.. I am another ex-WW - only have half a stone (ish) to lose now, have decided to use this and the money that I spent on WW will go to a gym that I want to go back to :)
  • zoomerrs
    zoomerrs Posts: 21
    Options
    Hello, I'm currently still doing WW, but since I only have a short weekly meeting I thought it'd would be nice to also have additional support. Lost 21 lbs last year on WW and took a 6 months break from the plan, but have since regained about 5 lbs, so need to get working again and take off the balance. I think regardless of what plan you do it's all about tracking and being real about what we're eating, so this site will surely keep us real! Good luck everyone.
  • brandipoo
    brandipoo Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I've done WW in the past and had good result, but I aint trying to spend that money right now. Add me if you'd like! :)