success stories from 1200 calorie dieters wanted

Options

Replies

• KCGettinFit2014
    Options
    The biggest Loser Diet calls for 7 calories per pound of current body weight until you reach your target weight. For example I am 207 pounds x 7 = 1,449 calories per day that I should eat. Also, if your current weigh less than 150 pounds. 12 calories per pound will maintain your target body weight. Well, I hope this information can help anyone.

Better than arbitrarily plugging in 1200, i suppose.

Not so much...using that formula I would have to eat less than 1000 calories. I'm just fine with an arbitrary 1200.
  • __RANDY__
    __RANDY__ Posts: 1,036 Member
    Options
    The biggest Loser Diet calls for 7 calories per pound of current body weight until you reach your target weight. For example I am 207 pounds x 7 = 1,449 calories per day that I should eat. Also, if your current weigh less than 150 pounds. 12 calories per pound will maintain your target body weight. Well, I hope this information can help anyone.

Not so much...using that formula I would have to eat less than 1000 calories. I'm just fine with an arbitrary 1200.

touche` I guess figuring out your TDEE, and doing a little research on your own nutrition would be ideal then.
  • jennalee1312
    Options
    My skin hasnt sagged like those pictures thus far with the 20lbs I lost the first time and now the additional 31 I lost this time when I restarted my weight loss...sooo a total of 51lbs and my skin does not look that way.bbuuuuuuttttt I must state there was 2 years or so between thefirst 20 I lost and rrestarting this time for the 31...so maybe that is why I didnt do that but as I said in my previous post I also didnt get bad stretch marks or any saggy skin from pregnancy either...so I may just be a freak of nature lol...however my friend who did the 1200 calories did look like this. I think it depends on the person...how their skin elasticity it...and whatnot...as I said befor 1200 worked for me...I kept off the first 20 no problem and dont feel this 31 will be any different.... it truly depends on the individual and while im having success with this method I understand I am a rarity and would NOT recommend that someone just jump on this path...I had already tried the eating more thing for 3 or so years with no true success (lost maybe 5lbs and hardly no inches yet wasnt feeling stronger either..just felt tired and heavy) before I slowly started decreasing calries to find where I was able to be more ssuccessful. So I would always suggest that people try other methods first before trying something low like 1200 cals...but yes for me it has given good and lasting results...AGAIN I am a freak of nature
  • AnnaBrown31
    Options
    I just joined at the beginning of February 2013 and am on the 1200 calorie bandwagon, I must say that it's workig for me, I've lost 8lbs already and I don't feel deprived or starved. I can already see a difference in how my body is changing, I am so looking forward to the end result!!!!!!
  • Katieloula
    Options
    It's LOOSE skin, at least get it right before you go around indirectly insulting people.
  • Jessika39
    Jessika39 Posts: 35
    Options
    :smile:
  • Mcgrawhaha
    Mcgrawhaha Posts: 1,596 Member
    Options
    THE ONLY REASON YOU SEE SO MANY AT 1200, IS BECAUSE THAT IS THE BOTTOM LINE FOR WOMEN IN REGARDS TO DAILY CALORIE NEEDS. There is nothing wrong with 1200 cals a day, especially if you are making good choices. I am actually shocked sometimes at the amount of food I can eat in 1 day, and still stay within my calorie limits.
  • ThisGirl2013
    ThisGirl2013 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    I have 1200 as my diet right now. I am not a perfect eater but I try to stick to around that goal. I have lost weight but if I continue to do circuit training and succeeding or feeling hungry, I will up it. Until then the 1200 is working for me and since Randy keeps chiming in about loose skin *lol* NO LOOSE skin. Although, I don't have a lot to lose so it may not be a huge issue for me. But I agree with the poster who stated that success means something different to each person on here and whatever works for them should be respected. If you cannot tolerate or agree, maybe just refrain from commenting. If someone asks your advice, THEN feel free to share but if they are anything like me - they don't care what you think ;)
  • Jessika39
    Jessika39 Posts: 35
    Options

touche` I guess figuring out your TDEE, and doing a little research on your own nutrition would be ideal then.

If I feel hungry after my calorie goal for the day, I will eat. and hopefully I make the right decisions and eat healthy. Also stop eating after supper. Eating before bedtime adds pounds.
  • Mcgrawhaha
    Options
    been working fine for me. i was 246 pounds just this past september.

Have you noticed lose skin? Do you care?

actually no, and im quite surprised. after 5 pregnancies and child births, i really thought id have hanging belly skin. i can actually wear underwear with no "hangage" anymore. i eat 1200 cals a day, have 2 binge days a month, and strength train 3-5 days a week. i went from a size 20 in september to a size 12 currently. my husband was prepared to pay for a mommy make-over, (boob job, tummy tuck, and possibly arms) when i reach goal weight, however, now, being about 25 pounds from my goal weight (im 5 foot 10, 180 pounds, goal is 155) i dont think i will need a tummy tuck, since the "hangage" has diseapeared with the fat. the boobs will need to still be fixed, because i breastfed 5 kids, and they just dont look like i want them to look. other than that, im very happy with my results thus far. you seem very hostile towards women and thier bodies, and i think if you took a step back, and maybe consider the fact that many of us have had children, and our bodies have been through much more than a mans, maybe you would have a little more respect for womens bodies, regardless of if they have a little extra skin or not.
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Options

actually no, and im quite surprised. after 5 pregnancies and child births, i really thought id have hanging belly skin. i can actually wear underwear with no "hangage" anymore. i eat 1200 cals a day, have 2 binge days a month, and strength train 3-5 days a week. i went from a size 20 in september to a size 12 currently. my husband was prepared to pay for a mommy make-over, (boob job, tummy tuck, and possibly arms) when i reach goal weight, however, now, being about 25 pounds from my goal weight (im 5 foot 10, 180 pounds, goal is 155) i dont think i will need a tummy tuck, since the "hangage" has diseapeared with the fat. the boobs will need to still be fixed, because i breastfed 5 kids, and they just dont look like i want them to look. other than that, im very happy with my results thus far. you seem very hostile towards women and thier bodies, and i think if you took a step back, and maybe consider the fact that many of us have had children, and our bodies have been through much more than a mans, maybe you would have a little more respect for womens bodies, regardless of if they have a little extra skin or not.

Why do you need to binge if 1200 calories works for you?? Just wondering....
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    If I feel hungry after my calorie goal for the day, I will eat. and hopefully I make the right decisions and eat healthy. Also stop eating after supper. Eating before bedtime adds pounds.

I assume you mean "just" before bedtime, but that is still incorrect. I lost all my weight eating more than half of my daily calories within an hour of going to bed. And I'm one month shy of maintaining that loss for 2 years.
  • seena511
    seena511 Posts: 685 Member
    Options
    Eating before bedtime adds pounds.

*headdesk*
  • maeveslim
    maeveslim Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I have eaten 1200 calories per day since last May 2012 and lost 44lbs, I am 41, 5ft 3 with a fairly sedentary job, however I do enjoy Zumba and Body Combat classes 2 - 3 times a week. I do not eat my exercise calories back as I tend to keep the mindset that exercise just helps boost the metabolism rather than a literal checks and balances system.

btw _RANDY_ how rude and disrespectful to a woman's body are you with respect to loose skin! The picture of the man I have no opinion on but the woman has probably had a child and a caesarian section resulting in the way her stomach looks.
  • Mcgrawhaha
    Options

for many reasons. my main reason is because i want to. i want to go out every now and then and eat whatever i want. i want to take my 5 kids to disneyland, and have a big juicy 1500 calorie burger, and 800 calories order of fries, and a 1200 calorie malt for lunch. so, i have 2 days a month, every other saturday infact, that my kids make the plans, and i go where they want to go, and i plurge. because i want to, because it fits my lifestyle. because its working fine for me.

just because im eating at a deficit to lose weight, doesnt mean i like it. i have found a way to eat at a deficit, and still have 2 days a month where i can go over board like a crazy lady, and still lose an average of 8 pounds a month. if it works for me, why question why i do it?
  • bcattoes
    Options
    Like, OMG! So that totally means that everyone would have those same results???

Isn't that what y'all do? Look at pics of other people and want to be like them?

Well, I'm only person, but no. I've only ever wanted to look like a better version of me. Though I fail to see how that has anything to do with your pics.
  • __RANDY__
    __RANDY__ Posts: 1,036 Member
    Options

1200 works for everyone, so does starving. If you can have results eating more why don't you. I've lost 80lbs in a year eating between 2200-3000.
  • SteveJWatson
    SteveJWatson Posts: 1,225 Member
    Options
    Eating before bedtime adds pounds.

*headdesk*

You stop that - everybody knows if you eat just before bed the the fatpixie turns everything you just ate to fat.
  • bcattoes
    Options
    2011.jpg

175lbs

MAY2012.jpg
    150lbs

Have lost another 15lbs since on 1200 cals a day plus exercise cals am now working on weights to tone up and do not want to get to a lower weight

if anyone can work out the photo links lol!

Good job and you look great, but I would prefer more muscle definition. Not sure you can get that at 1200 calories.
    Thoughts?

This is quite possibly the rudest comment I have ever read (not the first sentence-the second). Perhaps YOU would prefer to see more muscle definition, perhaps others would too. More muscle definition aligns with YOUR goals. This person posted pics of their success as defined by them and their goals. Just because they don't necessarily align with your goals doesn't make their success invalid. I know she said she's started working with weights to tone. It just makes me angry that someone has put pics of what they consider success and have someone respond with - eh, that's not what I consider success.

Not even addressing the whole notion that people "doing" 1200 must post pics or there's no value or credibility in their success.

We all have different goals, we all are in different places towards reaching those goals. I started out morbidly obese looking fairly similar to the Michelen Man. I now look like my profile pic. I am not "done", but I'm no longer morbidly obese and run 25-30 miles a week. That's success to me and I don't care if that's how you define success. I net 1200 (actually a little under that).

This thread makes me sad.

Um, wow! This seems a bit of an over-reaction to me. The responder said the poster in the pics looked great. And they mentioned that they had a different body preference for themselves. How is that rude?

I've gotten this same reaction when I say I don't want as much definition as some women, even if I give them compliments on meeting their own personal goals.

In either instance, why is rude to have a different goal?
  • Mcgrawhaha
    Options

1200 works for everyone, so does starving. If you can have results eating more why don't you. I've lost 80lbs in a year eating between 2200-3000.

because i dont want to, i want to eat 1200, because after playing around with my calorie intake for a few months prior to sept, i found that between 1200-1300 allows me to lose the 2 pounds a week that i want to lose. why do it your way, when i can do it my way?
This discussion has been closed.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!