HELP ME!

Options
justesje
justesje Posts: 37 Member
Hi guys,

I've been working out now for two weeks , not something I've ever liked to do but I'm doing it anyway.

I'm 188, female, 26, 5ft 5. I started off eating about 1200 healthy calories a day in 3 meals. I lost around 30 pounds like that in the past before. I do Hip Hop Abs in the morning around 6am and Insanity about 7pm after work. I do this 6times a week as I my weekly Insanity break day is Saturday, whereas Hip Hop Abs is Sunday. I realised after week 1 that I'd gained 2pounds so looked up the BMR calculation and realised I was not eating enough calories for what I was expending. I decided to up my caloric intake using all the correct formulas as I was certain my body was in starvation mode. I was astounded that the calculation came out as 2315. I then decided to eat more frequently. The first day I lost 1pound after eating about 1900 calories. Eating that much was hard tho. The next day I upped it to 2400 but the weight has not helped things. When I started my Body Fat Percentage was 39%, it went down to 37.1% on the day I ate the 1900 calories but is now up to 37.7% after yesterday. I am also eating my 5th meal at around 9pm after my Insanity workout as I get home from work at 7pm.

I'm finding it really hard to figure out what my caloric intake should be. I'm not sure if my exercise regime is too intense. Am I working out at the wrong times? I am drinking enough water but because of my job not sleeping enough. I sleep about 6hrs a day. I'd love to do the Insanity in the morning but because of my apartment block, all that jumping could affect my neighbours. Please help me figure out what I'm doing wrong as I am tempted to go back to my original weight loss regime which was for me easier as it involved only walking. It's just that I don't get as fit as I want to be at the same time.

I look forward to hearing your tips.

Replies

• Bleux
    Bleux Posts: 186
    Options
    My thoughts are that you are over training. I am that way too, and really have to check myself. If I did all the activity in the day I wanted too, I would also be having to eat 2000+ calories. I find it hard enough when eating healthy to get in my 1500 or so(1200+whatever I burn in exercise). I use to do a morning 20-50 minute DVD workout, Wii Fit or Wii Biggest Loser at nap time (around 13:00) and then go to the gym for 1-2 hours of cardio. It is just too much. Especially if you are trying to loose weight. Slow it down a bit and that will shake your body up a bit too and get it to burn differently again. Make sure you get at least 1200 calories, including eating what you burn in your workouts. MFP calculates this in. It will add back in to your food diary the calories you log as burned in the exercise log. I am sure you know that it is just as important to eat enough as it is not too much. I hope this helps. Give it a week or two of less exercise and you should see a difference.
  • electricgypsy
    electricgypsy Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    you need serious protein and eating to keep up with your workouts!! try having 2 full rest days a week if your not ready to give up the workouts entirely?
  • kwardklinck
    kwardklinck Posts: 1,601
    Options
    Personally, I think you're working out too much. Your body is probably saying "Whoa what is she doing to me?" and going to hold on to every bit of fat that it can.
  • melgibson
    melgibson Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    When I change something I stick with it for two full weeks minimum, I've found it's impossible to tell what's going on day by day as there are so many other factors that can contibute to weight loss/gain.
    I also only change one thing at a time so I know what's worked and only up or down cals by a maximum of 100 at a time, then stick with it for two full weeks minimum in order to see how that's working. Otherwise things get very confusing.

The closer you get to your perfect weight the more closely you will have to monitor things and keep them on track.
    I have always been in the healthy bracket and now am on the lower side of healthy, at this level it gets harder to shift weight and any small adjustments can effect me badly.

The only way I can be sure is tracking everything for weeks, stabilising in it for weeks, then adjusting again if I need to.
    I've tested out 'starvation mode' and I don't think it exists, for me at least. I have also tested out eat more loose more and this does not work for me at all.
    Everyone is different. I think the more exercise we do the more we can do and in the long run you want to be fit and healthy and exercise is part of that so I think your doing great to be doing a lot and it will balance out in the end, we just need to find a formula that works for you now then tweek it when you need to.
    I think cutting your exercise drastically now will have you yo-yoing.

Email me if you need any personalised help, I can only guess at the moment.
    But I'm happy to offer any advice or support I can :o)
    Mel xx

508926.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!