P90 or P90X????

mkwade7380
mkwade7380 Posts: 37
edited September 20 in Fitness and Exercise
My wife and I are determined to reach our goals together. I am wanting to get P90X, but would it be better to do the regular P90 program first? Would it prepare us better for the P90X program?

Replies

• DevonLigotti
    DevonLigotti Posts: 56 Member
    I just faced this same problem. My boyfriend really wanted P90x, but I knew I probably couldn't handle it. I am not in great shape and hardly exercise, I feel Power 90 is a better starting point which preps you for P90X.

Power 90:
    30-40 min routines, 2 different levels of difficulty. Better for the person starting out with workout routines.

P90x:1-2 hours, more high impact and involving pull-ups and more advanced routines.

I went with P90 and am happy thus far, then I will go onto the X!!
  • DevonLigotti
    DevonLigotti Posts: 56 Member
    Also, Ive lost about 10 pounds so far on Power 90, so its NOT easy, dont let me make you think that. Im still sweating and panting during the routines!!
  • oaker
    oaker Posts: 132 Member
    If you have the money, then get both programs. Otherwise, I would get p90x and do the best you can and modify the movements. There are many ways to make the routines easier until you get stronger. Also, diet is just as if not more important in the program and the nutrition guide in p90x is great.
This discussion has been closed.