2.26 miles walking per day

jj_22_uk2002
jj_22_uk2002 Posts: 29
edited September 20 in Fitness and Exercise
is this good , i just worked out i do 0.565 mile to school and back ( then again in the pm to collect from school ) works out at 2.26 mile per day 5 days a week.

is this a ok amount or should i do more ?, takes me 40 minutes am and 40 minutes pm

Replies

• linzismith
    linzismith Posts: 139 Member
    i think that's definitely enough time/distance. however, after a while your body will get very used to it and will learn how to conserve energy as you do it.

mix it up every once in a while. sometimes just walk. sometimes, walk slowly for 100 yards then jog slowly for 100 yards. sometimes, walk as fast as you can. other times, walk briskly for 100 yards and run fast for 30 yards.

interval training like that keeps your body guessing. ideally, when you are doing a slow interval, you want to start the faster interval before your heart rate gets all the way back down. as your body gets used to that, you can start doing intervals of a slow jog and then a quicker jog. this will really help your body learn to provide you with quick bursts of energy throughout the day when you need them AND, even though this might not be your goal, this will also help you become a faster walker/runner.
  • kellygirl5538
    kellygirl5538 Posts: 597 Member
    Walk FASTER!!!!!
This discussion has been closed.