How many calories burn going to Mass?

Options
13»

Replies

• corsayre8
    corsayre8 Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    For me it would be about 721,000, as I'm sure I would burst into flames and be reduced to ash ;-)
  • Lift_This_
    Lift_This_ Posts: 2,756 Member
    Options
    how ever many the man upstairs says.
  • SkimFlatWhite68
    SkimFlatWhite68 Posts: 1,254 Member
    Options
    I'd count it the same as sleeping.

No, seriously, isn't that just incidental exercise...
  • chantelp89
    chantelp89 Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    I'd count it the same as sleeping.

No, seriously, isn't that just incidental exercise...
    Oh I see what you did there ; )
  • kdeaux1959
    kdeaux1959 Posts: 2,675 Member
    Options
    Surely you jest. I have attended a mass or two (not catholic but have been to a service or two) and there is not enough activity to warrent putting the extra calories down. Aerobic activity requires an increase in heart rate over a period of time... You probably burn more calories walking into the sanctuary from your car...
  • SwimFan1981
    SwimFan1981 Posts: 1,430 Member
    Options
    1.3 cals per min.
  • Calliope610
    Calliope610 Posts: 3,775 Member
    Options
    Surely you jest. I have attended a mass or two (not catholic but have been to a service or two) and there is not enough activity to warrent putting the extra calories down. Aerobic activity requires an increase in heart rate over a period of time... You probably burn more calories walking into the sanctuary from your car...

Next time I go to church, I will pray for your dearly departed sense of humor. May it RIP.
  • Calliope610
    Calliope610 Posts: 3,775 Member
    Options
    Maybe do some squats while waiting for communion

I think I will do those walking lunge thingies as I make my way up to the alter.
  • chocl8girl
    chocl8girl Posts: 1,968 Member
    Options
    I think the guilt alone probably burns at LEAST 500 calories...
  • chantelp89
    chantelp89 Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    I think the guilt alone probably burns at LEAST 500 calories...
    You may burn more during confession.
  • SkimFlatWhite68
    SkimFlatWhite68 Posts: 1,254 Member
    Options
    Now that there is a new pope, I heard on the grapevine that it's worth double the calories until the official inauguration ceremony.
  • jroberts_5
    jroberts_5 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    No need to be snidey.... if a sedentary woman between the ages of 31 and 50 burns 1,800 calories a day doing nothing, then they would probably burn 75 calories an hour just sitting still. I would estimate that you could record an extra 25 or 30 calories (not 100 or 130 calories) for an hour of Catholic mass.