HELP - How many floz actually = 1 glass ???

missad123
missad123 Posts: 2
edited September 20 in Introduce Yourself
As a newbee I was just wondering how many fl oz (or mls for that matter)of water
constitutes a glass ??

I am trying to get at least 1 LTR down a day - hoping that will cover me, but would love
to hear from anyone who actually knows - as i have scoured the site and cant seem to
find the answer..... :noway:

Cheers

A
:drinker:

Replies

• hill242
    hill242 Posts: 412 Member
    8 oz = 1 cup and that is usually what is meant by a glass of water.

1 liter of water should actually be fine, unless you lose a lot through sweating during exercise
  • MattySparky
    MattySparky Posts: 771
    It's just over 8 oz, but everyone goes by 8 oz cause it's so close it wouldn't matter. 1 cup is also equal to 250 mL, 1/4 of a litre.

1 litre is not enough water for you hydration even on a normal day without exercise, this I know. Many people will throw the old "you need 8 glasses per day, blah blah blah I repeat everything I hear cause Im a robot blah blah blah" seriously though you should get more than a litre. Everything your body does requires water as Im sure you've heard on here.
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,294 Member
    As a newbee I was just wondering how many fl oz (or mls for that matter)of water
    constitutes a glass ??

I am trying to get at least 1 LTR down a day - hoping that will cover me, but would love
    to hear from anyone who actually knows - as i have scoured the site and cant seem to
    find the answer..... :noway:

Cheers

A
    :drinker:

I litre would equal 4 glasses of water
This discussion has been closed.