I cannot intake enough calories while keeping low carb

Options
2»

Replies

• grantdumas7
    grantdumas7 Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    You need enough carbs to not only fuel your workouts but to also provide glucose to the brain.
  • kjoy_
    kjoy_ Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    high protein slim fast shakes, only 3 g carbs, 20 g protein, 2 g sugar, also pork rinds are low-carb, almonds, seeds
  • witeowl
    witeowl Posts: 89
    Options
    You need enough carbs to not only fuel your workouts but to also provide glucose to the brain.

Not true on a ketogenic diet.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,714 Member
    Options
    It feels like I would have to eat all day to get to 1800 calories. I am at around 1200 calories a day right now and working out 5 days a week. I can feel the low energy level too. I am trying to keep my carbs down and it seems like that really keeps my calories low. I have been noticing food items high in calories and low in carbs have a big fat content with usually at 80% of the calories from fat which I guess makes sense. Its just tough. I wonder if I can keep doing what I a doing now, deal with the energy level and still lose weight.
    The key here is that you're wondering if you can keep it up. If you don't intend to eat this way the rest of your life, it's probably not the approach you should use.
    Once you re introduce carbs, it's NOT uncommon to gain a good amount of weight back from glycogen/water storage.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition