Alittle Fustrated

Options
Okay is this right? My first week I lost 5 lbs. However my second week only 2 lbs. I stayed under my calories all week this week but I didn't really get to exercise alot would that make up the difference? Please help I am alittle discourage I was expecting another 5lb week!!!

Replies

• havingitall
    havingitall Posts: 3,728 Member
    Options
    Wouldn't it be great if we could lose 5 lbs a week? Now...let's face reality. You aren't on Biggest Loser, you are living a real life.

2 lbs a week is reasonable for now and then it will slow down some. You didn't gain the weight over night. Don't expect to lose it that way. It will take time to get where you want to go...just accept it
  • questionablemethods
    questionablemethods Posts: 2,174 Member
    Options
    A lot of that 5 lb loss the first week might have come from water loss because you probably cut down on sodium. PLEASE don't be discouraged by a 2lb/week loss! That is PHENOMENAL! And, as you lose more weight, you will slow down even more. I've only got about 10 lbs to lose and 2lb/week is absolutely not realistic for me. I am lucky if I lose 1 lb/week, but I am happy with .5lbs at this point.
  • amk44
    amk44 Posts: 159
    Options
    Ditto to all of the above. And CONGRATULATIONS on the 2 lb loss!!!!!!!! Celebrate it! Don't become discouraged! You proved to yourself that you can indeed control your weight by the choices you make. You should be smiling! :happy: I know it seems "slow", BUT the numbers are going "in the RIGHT direction"! Hey! If it were even 1/2 lb in a week, it's a good thing! (Actually, I'm not one who takes the "first week loss" as an indicator of anything, even when the expensive weight loss programs boast about it. But, WOW!!! you lost 2 lbs the second week and you don't seem to recognize your wonderful achievement.) They say it takes about 3 weeks to get into new healthier eating habits. So don't give up on yourself after only 2 weeks...

Do you know anyone who does Cross Country running? Those who start off at the top of their speed and cause the crowds to ooh and aah will later be found at the end of the pack... Getting into a rhythm and pacing yourself will provide the winning results you're hoping for. It takes time to learn the rhythm and pace that works for you; be PATIENT with yourself.

Congratulations again - and SMILE about your success!!!! KEEP IT UP!!! :smile:
  • Mommy2DCD
    Mommy2DCD Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    h any weight is good weight!! Dont get discouraged they really recommend you not lose more then 2lbs a week anyway. But your first week you will always lose more from water and diet changes!!My first week I lost 8lbs. the second I lost 1 lol. But in the last 6 weeks Ive lost 20lbs. So if you subtract that 8lbs from week one then Ive only lost 12lbs in 5 weeks. Around 2lbs a week :) So stick with it, you'll get there!!!
  • buttercupke
    Options
    Thanks for the encouragment I guess I wasn't looking at it realistically anyways. I am proud of the 2lbs that is something and I have started to see a difference in myself and the way my clothes fits. Thanks so much again!!!