SkinnyTaste Recipies

Options
ConleighS
ConleighS Posts: 1,058 Member
Has anyone been to this website and/or tried the recipies? A friend referenced a recipie for chicken cordon blue that looked really good so checked out the website... it saw a lot of great sounding, healthy versions of recipies. I tried my first one (of many I am sure) - Cheeseburger Casserole.

Servings: 9 • Size: about 1 cup • Old Points: 6 • Weight Watchers Points+: 7 Calories: 261 • Fat: 9 g • Protein: 21.5 g • Carb: 21.5 g • Fiber: 2 g • Sugar: 3 g Sodium: 468.5 mg

ingredients

2 cups (6 oz) uncooked rotini pasta (use brown rice pasta for GF)
2 tsp oil
1 1/2 cups onions, finely chopped
1 garlic clove, finely chopped
1 lb lean ground beef (95% lean)
3/4 tsp salt
1/2 tsp black pepper
2 tbsp tomato paste
28 oz diced tomatoes
2 tbsp Dijon Mustard
2 cups reduced fat grated cheddar cheese
1/4 cup chopped dill pickles

Directions:

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 9 x 13 inch baking dish with cooking spray. In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook the pasta according to the package directions for al dente and drain well.

In a large skillet, heat the oil over medium-low heat. Add the onions and cook until soft, about 5 minutes. Stir in the garlic and cook for 30 seconds. Stir in the beef and cook until browned; season with salt and pepper. Stir in the tomato paste, then add the tomatoes and mustard. Let the mixture bubble gently until it is slightly thickened, about 2 minutes.

Toss the meat mixture with the pasta and spread it into the prepared dish. Top with the cheddar and bake until the cheese is melted, about 15 minutes. Sprinkle the chopped pickles over the top and serve. Makes about 9 cups.

Replies

• rgagnon1
    rgagnon1 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Love this. Use her recipes three times a week. All are amazing. took me a little while to build up my spices but she tends to use the same ones a lot. husband loves them too. They dont taste skinny
  • Vailara
    Vailara Posts: 2,452 Member
    Options
    I've had a look. Recipes like these aren't really much different from normal family cooking. The key is the portion size. And the portions are quite small, which is why it's low-calorie! There are some nice ideas there though.

The Hairy Bikers diet recipes aren't bad either http://www.bbc.co.uk/food/recipes/search?programmes[]=p00vq8c6. One idea I took for them was making cheese sauce with cornflour instead of flour (no roux needed, so no extra fat).
  • Corjogo
    Corjogo Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    good source of recipes...http://emilybites.com has some fun ways to portion control also http://recipes.sparkpeople.com/recipe-detail.asp?recipe=2168900 :blushing:
  • yusineddy
    yusineddy Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    Love that site, as a matter of fact I did the chicken cordon blue yesterday, everyone loved it!
  • IamOnMywayNow
    IamOnMywayNow Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    I love the skinnytaste recipes!! I have been cooking one of them at least once a week. The beef, potato, and quinoa soup is amazing!!
  • bellaa_x0
    bellaa_x0 Posts: 1,062 Member
    Options
    LOVE her website! my trainer/nutrionist put me onto it and i have already made a bunch of the recipes.. my whole family has enjoyed them as well :)
  • RevCO30
    RevCO30 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    Great website. Try the Crock Pot Santa Fe Chicken! So simple and super delicious! Even my fiance who is anti-healthy recipes likes most of the recipes I try from there.
  • workinprogress1533
    Options
    I love this site!!! I just recently discovered it and have made the Lighter Cajun Chicken Pasta and Buffalo Turkey Burgers with Blue Cheese Slaw. Both were delicious!
  • lmkaks
    lmkaks Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    She has great stuff on there. What I am most impressed with is the fact that the portions are normal sized! I find other "light" recipes (like WW) are really good, but the portions are tiny. Some of my favorites:

Baked Spaghetti Squash and Cheese (my favorite favorite)
    Crockpot Santa Fe Chicken
    Mushroom Stroganoff - my husband LOVES this.
    Crustless Spinach Feta Pie (didn't love this one, but it was okay and very low in calories)
    Sausage Stuffed Zucchini Boats (probably the most labor intensive, but very good)
  • geekyjock76
    geekyjock76 Posts: 2,720 Member
    Options
    Too bad it has the word "skinny" in it or else I'd check it out. I ban everything with "skinny" or "extreme" in it.
  • daniellegwilliam
    daniellegwilliam Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I lovvee her asian glazed drumsticks! i double the siracha ;)
  • tjphelps73
    tjphelps73 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    I have also tried various recipes. They are good and very simple to follow.
  • sarahharmintx
    sarahharmintx Posts: 868 Member
    Options
    the portions are quite small, which is why it's low-calorie!
    Exactly. A 200 calorie serving of pie sounds great until you realize that she cut the small 9 inch pan into 10 pieces. Not so great sounding anymore.
  • DANCERPURPLE
    DANCERPURPLE Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    BUMP
  • nataliefamily3
    Options
    Her recipes are awesome I love her turkey meatloaf, zuchinni tots, buffalo cauliflower....etc everything I have tried was good
  • ChocoCheeseaholic
    ChocoCheeseaholic Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    bump
  • DANCERPURPLE
    DANCERPURPLE Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    BUMP
  • krisbychiken
    krisbychiken Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I've tried most of her recipes! Lol The crappy part is a lot of her recipes are high in sodium. But I pick and choose and everything I've tried so far has been delicious!
  • sc1572
    sc1572 Posts: 2,309 Member
    Options
    Probably THE favorite recipe website I have bookmarked. LOVEEEE her site!
  • coopersmom2006
    Options
    I LOVE skinnytaste. I've liked every recipe of her's I've tried except one (buffalo chicken lettuce wraps I think). Great place to look for new healthy ideas!