Belly Dancing my new favorite work out!

Options
Hit a class up at the gym a few weeks ago. Fell in love with it even though due to being challenged in the dept where your brain makes your body move together I had to step out of the class and just watch. I found some videos on YouTube for Belly Dancing Beginners. I feel that a week or two of that will really help with my back and hips getting stronger and more flexible and will learn the moves at my own pace. They moved the class to a week day morning so I will never make it again but found some great work out videos on YouTube as well and bookmarked them for later. I am so happy just wanted to share! :)

Replies

• Alissakae
    Alissakae Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    Belly dancing seems like an obvious choice for a great ab workout. I would love to hear from people who have done it for a while and what their results were like.
  • lauraellie10
    lauraellie10 Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    Oh I'll have a look thanks xx
  • mum212
    mum212 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    im very intersested mayle ill have a look x
  • xmeowwx
    xmeowwx Posts: 3
    Options
    I'm a professional belly dancer and it is a great way to lose weight but make sure you fit in some other form of exercise (meaning do some weight lifting) it will help you tone. I'm pretty slim and have no muscle as belly dancing doesn't really show you muscle but its a great way to lose weight and stay in shape.
  • TrishJimenez
    TrishJimenez Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    I am also doing other work outs, weight training and body weight exercises and cardio but I have always had problems with my back and hips giving me pain and not working the way they are supposed to so hoping that belly dancing will help open that up for me
  • mmddwechanged
    mmddwechanged Posts: 1,688 Member
    Options
    I'm so happy you found something you enjoy:). Excellent!
  • badtastebetty
    badtastebetty Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    RIGHT!? It's a super fun way to keep active. I have to get my uncoordinated butt to another class one of these days.

I also recommend grabbing a hula hoop!