Late 50s and Goal Achieved - signing off

Hello, I joined MFW 12 weeks ago to lose 20 kg and have achieved this. Feeling so good about this and wish to thank all of those whose posts discussed their own experiences and by doing so provided the reassurance that I was on the right path. It is harder to lose weight in your late 50s as you cannot do the demanding exercises you could a few decades earlier that would make weight loss quicker. This means more patience is needed as you rely mostly on walking with a little swimming or tennis added for interest. I have deliberately logged on less frequently to MFW recently as I wanted to become self sufficient in applying the dietary disciplines I had learned over the last 12 weeks. My next phase is to make my diet one of weight maintenance rather than weight reduction but there will still be constant vigilance on the balance between diet & exercise to make sure previous bad habits remain in the past (the scales will remain in use !). Thanks to all of you, who without knowing it, reinforced the right messages for me.

Replies

• bystander1943
    bystander1943 Posts: 31 Member
    That's an encouraging story in itself. I've just passed my 70th birthday and, while my target was not as severe as yours, I'm now well on my way. Sincere congratulations on your achievement.

PS. It does get harder to achieve as the years pile on.
  • phillinnz
    phillinnz Posts: 82 Member
    Great work. All the best.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!