I can't come up with a diet plan?

Options
My goal is like 1200 Calories, But I'm running out of food ideas for this? I've been eating alot of fruits and vegis, and chicken breasts for protien. I have rice cakes with peanut butter and jelly instead of having bread, but i don't know what else to do? I need to keep my calories low and preferably my carbs too as im trying to lose FAT. I'm just lost when it comes to a food plan I guess.

Replies

• lizzyb83
    lizzyb83 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Are you working out at all? If you are, you honestly should try to eat more then that.

Truthfully, the best way to drop the fat is to start using weights. Heavy weights. As you build muscle, it will burn that fat off. I promise you won't bulk up, but actually lean out! Plus, you can eat more!!
  • Supastarrnikki
    Options
    Yes I work out. I've starting dieting and going to the gym 7 days ago. Im only on day 7 of of the gym and dieting.. I spent abotu 90 min in the gym daily since last week..
  • walkinon_sunshine
    Options
    Unfortunately i cant come up with a diet plan either. It always gets sabotaged by the people i live with. (dinner anyways) I do best when i can plan ahead one day at a time :)
  • Supastarrnikki
    Options
    I know what you mean! The people I live with keep bringing junk food into the house and like teasing me with it lol. I just got to keep in mind whats important to me and why im doing this :) Cravings and such will not get the best of me :) I just need a meal plan to follow, lol.
  • Supastarrnikki
    Options
    Thank you!
  • swissbrit
    swissbrit Posts: 201
    Options
    Your welcome and good luck:flowerforyou: I bet its not easy with the sabouters :-(
  • Petrapoo45
    Petrapoo45 Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    Thank you for posting this. I have become super bored with my meals, so this helps me out a ton!!
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    Could you open your diary to "public"? If we see what you are currently eating we could make some suggestions for how to improve it.
  • chaaalgeo
    chaaalgeo Posts: 70
    Options
    what about having a wrap or pitta bread instead of your rice cakes for a change.
  • Petrapoo45
    Petrapoo45 Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    Just went and looked at this site. While it does give some new and interesting ideas for meals I think its pretty unrealistic. Who has the time or money to create 3 meals a day with all sorts of different ingredients? Sheesh I would be in the poor house!! I guess more the point of this is to find new things for you to try and integrate it into your life somehow...least thats my take anyways.
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    Breakfast: eggs or porridge
    Lunch: home made soup or salad
    Dinner: chicken or lean meat with lots of veg
    Snacks: fruit and cheese, some nuts.
  • swissbrit
    swissbrit Posts: 201
    Options
    Fish, prawns, scampis, llean meats,eggs, low cal Rohs*****en (as a sub for bacon great flavour 3% fat), veg of any type, sweet potatoes beans, couscous, 0% fat yogurts, berries, fruit of any sort. Thats my shopping list then I look at what I have and spice it up with herbs and spices depending on how I feel.
  • Scottjt
    Scottjt Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Peanut butter is really calorific so I'd avoid that. I wouldn't worry about avoiding carbs to lose fat that's a myth or bro-science.
    Fat loss is all about the calorie deficit.
    My favourite healthy foods are beans: kidney beans, haricot beans, baked beans or chick peas. Very low to zero fat, high quality protein and tons of fibre. Best food ever! It's a bit of a hippy food but it works for me.
  • JBsCrazyGirl
    Options

bump
    so I can look at this when I get off work :flowerforyou:
  • KatieJane83
    KatieJane83 Posts: 2,002 Member
    Options
    I know what you mean! The people I live with keep bringing junk food into the house and like teasing me with it lol. I just got to keep in mind whats important to me and why im doing this :) Cravings and such will not get the best of me :) I just need a meal plan to follow, lol.

Eat more. MFP wants you to eat back your exercise cals for a reason. On this site your calorie goal already has a deficit, and by not eating back extra exercise calories you are creating an unnecessarily large deficit.

Also, since you really don't have a huge amount to lose I'd probably set my goal to .5-1lb loss per week to up your cals a bit, and really start working in some heavy lifting. You won't bulk up and there's nothing better for body recomposition (losing body fat while maintaining muscle)
  • trogalicious
    trogalicious Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options
    Yes I work out. I've starting dieting and going to the gym 7 days ago. Im only on day 7 of of the gym and dieting.. I spent abotu 90 min in the gym daily since last week..
    then you're seriously seriously undereating. 1200 calories and no rest days? No. 20 lbs to lose? Let's see.. set goals as "sedentary" and "2lbs per week..." ?
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    I need to keep my calories low and preferably my carbs too as im trying to lose FAT.

why do you think there's a correlation between carbs and fat?
  • Abells
    Abells Posts: 756 Member
    Options
    Peanut butter is really calorific so I'd avoid that. I wouldn't worry about avoiding carbs to lose fat that's a myth or bro-science.
    Fat loss is all about the calorie deficit.
    My favourite healthy foods are beans: kidney beans, haricot beans, baked beans or chick peas. Very low to zero fat, high quality protein and tons of fibre. Best food ever! It's a bit of a hippy food but it works for me.

boom strongly agree with the whole peanut butter thing! veggies and lean meats - get it!