Ate to little calories today

2»

Replies

• Pookylou
    Pookylou Posts: 988 Member
    Couple of things.

1) One day isn't going to cause too much harm. Try again tomorrow and keep trying till it becomes a force of habit (might take some time)
    2) Don't worry about these little things. Life happens. Don't let fitness run your life. You will burn out and will lose interest (loose is it or lose?)
    3) Why not just eat right now? I mean if you're not hungry thats fine but I assume you're not in bed yet and can still eat something. A couple of tbsp of peanut butter, a tall glass of milk or better yet, ICE CREAM!
    4) You can eat a bit more tomorrow to makeup for todays lack of calories. I do it often and i works awesome!

Quoted for truth! I try and look at my calorie totals over a week rather than day by day (as you can on the mobile app) it makes me a little less crazy if I go over one day! I try and go under a little earlier in the week if I know I have a date/night out at the weekend to leave room for beer calories :laugh:
  • Mcgrawhaha
    Mcgrawhaha Posts: 1,596 Member
    she's obviously just joined these forums and all of the information out there is very overwhelming at first. not to mention any time you net a calorie under 1200 goal, my fitness pal screams YOU MAY BE IN STARVATION MODE at you in red letters. i wish the forums here were more understanding when members have questions about beginning weight loss

Second this!!! To be honest I got quite mad reading those posters who were so vindictive about whether this is a troll post... ): I mean seriously?! People are here to learn and get better, and these people make starters feel stupid about themselves for asking questions when there is nothing wrong about it... I think it'd be good to not project these kinds of 'superiority' just because you know more about nutrition/dieting etc. It'd be good if you'd use the time instead to reply to the question and type out whatever you know to back up what you're saying to help the OP better understand the whole concept. It'd be good to spread the positivity and encourage more people to be healthy and lose weight the healthy way :)

yeah, it does suck that we even have to question a posts validity, however, thats the way these boards have shown to be. You dont know how many times I have tried to offer sound advise, only to look like an idiot because the entire post was a troll post. So, when I see something like this, Im going to question it. Just a few weeks ago, there was one, "Help, I cant reach 1200 cals per day, what should I do?" I offered advise of nuts, peanut butter, protien shakes, etc, only to see that the entire post was made by someone making fun of overweight people who suddenly cant eat 1200 cals per day. It upsets me when these posts are made, because those of us who have good opinions or advise to offer, get made to look like idiots. So, sad, but true... posts like this sometimes have to be questioned.
  • htimsm87
    htimsm87 Posts: 104 Member
    Just wanted to add something to the commend "to late to eat more". It may be to late from a MFP standpoint; why? because of this mythical thing called midnight when one day turns into another. So if I eat something at 11:50 pm it gets tracked for the calories against day 1, however if I eat the same thing at 12:10 am it gets tracked against calories for day 2. So MFP has this mythical thing called calories per day, however I don't think the body automatically resets at midnight every day so eating something a few minutes earlier or later doesn't really matter.

As mentioned elsewhere I focus more on my weekly tracking then I do on daily. I log daily and actually weigh myself daily. However, I transpose this information into a spreadsheet that gives me weekly averages for everything; weight, calories, protein, fat, exercise minutes, etc.. I can then look and see how it is doing over the long term.
  • daybehavior
    daybehavior Posts: 1,319 Member
    yeah, it does suck that we even have to question a posts validity, however, thats the way these boards have shown to be. You dont know how many times I have tried to offer sound advise, only to look like an idiot because the entire post was a troll post. So, when I see something like this, Im going to question it. Just a few weeks ago, there was one, "Help, I cant reach 1200 cals per day, what should I do?" I offered advise of nuts, peanut butter, protien shakes, etc, only to see that the entire post was made by someone making fun of overweight people who suddenly cant eat 1200 cals per day. It upsets me when these posts are made, because those of us who have good opinions or advise to offer, get made to look like idiots. So, sad, but true... posts like this sometimes have to be questioned.

Yes, exactly. Some of these responding people are so bright eyed and bushy tailed. They obviously aren't veteran forum readers. Stick around long enough and you'll be just as cynical as us. For the OP, I apologize for questioning you as per the reason mentioned above.