Almost 40 and need a push

Options
laynerdm
laynerdm Posts: 16 Member
I woke up one morning a couple months ago and realized I’d let this go way too far. I’m 5’5” and almost 180 lbs. My clothes don’t fit, I’m at my highest ever non-pregnant weight, and I’m risking losing my job not to mention healthy years of my life. I realized that I live my non-working hours in yoga pants. I decided it’s time to make a change.

I won’t pretend I’ve always been heavy. Two and a half years ago I ran my first (and so far my only) half-marathon. I want to run a full next year. I always thought I was heavy, but looking back it’s easy to see that I was healthy at 140. That’s where I want to be when I run that marathon.

I’ll be 40 in a couple months, and I need a push.

Replies

• Anthony110101111110001101
    Options
    *push*

Feel free to add me. :smile:
  • melw2910
    melw2910 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me, I'm 40 next year and determined to get my weight sorted before then.
  • jmparis65
    jmparis65 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me, 47, working my way down
  • lose3stone
    lose3stone Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    40 in April..... Eeek ! Feel free to add me:)
  • coke_bottle
    coke_bottle Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    Hello, I'm 35! Let's push each other:)
  • annieraintree
    annieraintree Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    "Push"

Feel free to add me :smile:
  • March10dawn
    Options
    Hello, my name is dawn and i just turned 18 yesterday. i really want to lose weight.
    i'm 5'3 and weighing 57 kg. and i'm overweight im really trying hard and i hope i
    lose 10 lbs :)
  • AndraSales
    Options
    I've just turned 40 and really need to get back to fit and 40 not fat, frumpy and 40! I'll add you and we can push each other...
  • buttons1969
    Options
    I am 43 .. Extra push push from me.:tongue:
  • garnet116
    garnet116 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    You can add me, too! I am 38... hoping to run my first 10K this year. Trying to get toned and lose a little flab after baby #3.
  • keely1998
    keely1998 Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    u can add me i turn 40 in April and i could us some motivation
  • redponyride2
    Options
    My story is similar: Just over 50 - haven't weighted this much since my last child - 180 and I weighed 138 3 years ago, larger clothes bought and they are overly tight! I am changing my life today. Add me and I would love to support you!
  • IsleEsme
    IsleEsme Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I'll be 40 in August. Despite the fact that I have no desire to be 40 it's coming. I can do it with gusto and muscle in my abs or I can do it as a lump on the couch....regardless, it's coming. I pick gusto!!! What do you pick???:wink:
  • cdwilson2003
    Options
    I turned 40 in Jan. this year and am trying to get back into shape. I have a lot more to lose than 40lbs, but we can push each other. We need all the support we can get. Feel free to add me if you want. *PUSH* You CAN do this!!!
  • weloveourboys
    weloveourboys Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I turned 40 last year...you can ALL do it. I have had 3 kids and I am proof that you can all be fit moms! Add me if you ladies want to!
  • Luvmyboxerboy
    Luvmyboxerboy Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Turning the dreaded 4-0 the end of April....looking to lose another 15 lbs or so? You can add me if u like!
  • lose3stone
    lose3stone Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    40 in April..... Eeek ! Feel free to add me:)
  • MostlyWater
    MostlyWater Posts: 4,294 Member
    Options
    See your dr first and then devise a plan for yourself. What do you want to do? What DON"T you want to do?

For the record, I also got my wake up call at that age. I'm 48 now but still going strong !!!
  • megedoug
    megedoug Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    You can add me....late 30's and all I really want is to not look pregnant anymore ;)
  • Copelandmom
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I'm 51, 5'3" and this a.m. 179.6 lbs. I was in my 140's or lower until 3 years ago. Back then I thought I needed to lose weight. Now I'm very convicted and need to get it off to prevent health problems at my age. Also i have 6 children and would love to be there for them and any future grandchildren. Sometimes I get so darn frustrated that food has such a stronghold on my life. Hope to work through this and stay down at my goal weight or close to it for life. I know I'm a foodie and put way tooo much emphasis on it. I too am tired of my clothes sizes just going up, up, up. I would like to be able to wear a dress again and look pretty in it.. I refuse to buy a larger size. We can do this. I love reading the succes stories of people that have and are doing it. They have a dertermination I want and need.