New to this and kinda nervous...

Options
Hi all! So I've tried losing weight before but I always end up cheating on the diet or stopping the exercising. I'm not very good at keeping my focus on one thing for too long. I'm pretty sure I have ADD but I've never been diagnosed lol. I don't have pregnancy weight or anything and I'm relatively healthy. My husband is fine with my body and that's great! But I'm not... Stomach too big, thighs too dimpled, don't feel "sexy" in tight clothing. That's why I'm here :) I'm hoping to get added support for my choice to get back the body I had years ago and more. So I can't think of anything else to add lol.

Replies

• whankammer
    whankammer Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Making a commitment is the first step! Good luck! Feel free to add me! =)
  • fatalis_vox
    fatalis_vox Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Here's the most important thing I've learned so far:

Don't get discouraged when you mess up. It's going to happen. You're going to break down and make an unhealthy choice, whether it's to skip the gym or have the bag of chips instead of the apple. You're going to order the alfredo when you know you should get the fish and steamed vegetables. (Guilty of that one!)

Once you've done it, it's over. You can't take it back, you can't change it. If you make a mistake today, don't sweat it. Just do better tomorrow.

Feel free to add me. I love people and communication and advice and support. :)
  • Swissmiss
    Swissmiss Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    Best thing is that you are going to give it a try. You need to do this for yourself. It really doesn't matter what your husband thinks if you are not content with your body. So, ignore all others and go for it. Staying at this site will help.
  • ConnieAGinther
    ConnieAGinther Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP!! Feel free to add me if you would like
  • massage_gal
    massage_gal Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I started at 272 and am 5'6". I have been heavy most of my life. My husband, like yours, didn't find any fault with my body, but when I got on that scale at the personal trainer's office (I work in a personal training studio and she offered me a free consultation) and saw that weight, I knew it was time to make radical changes. I have lost a lot of weight so far, and have 33 more to go, just since July 2012, but this site has really helped me. I welcome anyone adding me who wants support and gives support in return.:smile:
  • chooriyah
    chooriyah Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    Welcome! You're right to do it for you! It's great your hubby loves you no matter what, but he will reap the benefits of you feeling happier and sexier (: Good luck! I was around your starting weight last summer and now am hovering around your mid-way point. It's actually not that much effort, just stick within the calorie goals as often as you can, and get some exercise in here and there.

My three bits of advice:
    - Definitely don't freak out if you have a bad day, or bad week, just get back to it.
    - Measure yourself and take photos now. Repeat each month, even if you never show them to anyone, you'll be glad you did to see the comparison in a few months time
    - Spend time with the success stories on the message boards - great source of motivation!