30 day shred

Options
K I might be a bit thick here so bare with me.
I dont have a dvd player or laptop so was going to do the 30 day shred from youtube.
Do I just search for 30 day shred level 1 and do the same exercise everyday until its easier then move to level 2 then 3

Replies

• weffie11
    weffie11 Posts: 91
    Options
    It's supposed to be 10 days at each of the three levels (ie. 30 days), but I did two weeks at each level
  • nettip
    nettip Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    No its 10 days level 1 , 10 days level 2 10 level 3 hence 30 day!
  • sharonmunday90
    sharonmunday90 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Thankyou ladies.

Ill start tomorrow wih level 1 as I have kettlebells tonight
  • cydleighb
    cydleighb Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    The only problem is that I couldn't find level 2 and 3 on youtube. I found the whole set for $4.99 on Amazon Instant Cloud Player, so I just bought them on there to use anytime. :D
  • cherylzcv8
    cherylzcv8 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Im doing it at the moment but i can only do 2 or 3 days a week as i have other commitments, so if it takes me longer so be it...at least im doing it. Been doing level 1 now for a couple of weeks but am slowly upping the intensity as i go, there are 2 girls backing Jillian,1 girl is doing a beginners workout and the other girl is doing an advanced workout, if you want to push a bit harder.
    Im just going to work my way up to the advance girl then i'll level up...i know its not how its meant to be done but its the way im going to do it!!!!! and im burning about 170ish cals per workout according to my HRM.
    Loving the workouts tho.
  • sharonmunday90
    Options
    Im doing it at the moment but i can only do 2 or 3 days a week as i have other commitments, so if it takes me longer so be it...at least im doing it. Been doing level 1 now for a couple of weeks but am slowly upping the intensity as i go, there are 2 girls backing Jillian,1 girl is doing a beginners workout and the other girl is doing an advanced workout, if you want to push a bit harder.
    Im just going to work my way up to the advance girl then i'll level up...i know its not how its meant to be done but its the way im going to do it!!!!! and im burning about 170ish cals per workout according to my HRM.
    Loving the workouts tho.
    Sounds brill.
    Im sure I read somewhere that Gillian Michaels didnt intend it to be done 30 days straight.
  • JemS_21
    JemS_21 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    the 30 day shred was never intended to be completed in 30 days straight. ideally it should be done about 3 or 4 times a week alongside some other form of exercise/strength training but it depends on the individual and how they feel about it.

Today I'm on day 14 of the shred and it's currently day 4 of level 2 for me. i'm doing each level for 10 days.
    I pretty much have been doing it every single day (minus one weekend as I was away) and yesterday due to an injury at work.

But i do other exercises too, e.g. yesterday before work i did 15 mins on my step machine and that was pretty much it for the day - i used it as a rest day after work.

Today i did day 4, l2 of the shred, as well as 20 mins on step machine plus my strength circuit. But my other circuits alongside the 30ds workout vary between step machine and aerobics

Do what's best for you, push yourself but don't exhaust/injure yourself. I learnt this early on when I started the shred...pushed it too hard with everything n hurt my knee which made me feel really slow and sore!

Good luck y'all :)
  • sharonmunday90
    Options
    Thanks for your helpful replies ladies.
    Starting tomorrow :-)
    Just got back from kettlebells and im knackered