Whats wrong??

Options
Okay, Ive been sticking to a 1200 cal diet for a month, and I've lost 2lbs. I know it better to lose it slowly but WTH! I go over 8 glasses of water a day and I walk every other night, and nothing. Anyone have any suggestions??

Replies

• DrBorkBork
    DrBorkBork Posts: 4,099 Member
    Options
    Eat more to weigh less. Make sure you're eating back some of your exercise calories, drinking half your weight in ounces, and watch the sodium intake.
  • apociask
    apociask Posts: 5
    Options
    make sure you are taking in enough calories. eat more food that is high in protein, high in fiber, and low in fat. consume more total calories and work out harder. for example eat 1600 or 1700 calories a day and burn 400 a day exercising. this way your body is getting enough nutrients, while still burning calories (fat), thereby increasing your metabolism. just a thought, hope it helps.
  • stylistchik
    stylistchik Posts: 1,436 Member
    Options
    I might up the intensity of your workout. Are you walking leisurely or at a good pace to raise your heart rate? Maybe check out some workout dvds like walk away the pounds??
  • guidosgal
    guidosgal Posts: 581 Member
    Options
    you should be eating your BMR in cals (go to tools and check to see what it is)
  • KatWood
    KatWood Posts: 1,135 Member
    Options
    A few things I have noticed that may help:
    1) You are not tracking your calories consistently on MFP. There are a lot of blank days.
    2) There are several days where you are under on your calories. It also doesn't look like you are accounting for the exercising you are doing.
    3) Your diet isn't always balanced. Maybe try cutting out some more of the fast food and upping your fruit and veggie intake.
    4) You only have 11 lbs to lose which means it will be a slow process. 2lbs in a month is quite good. Basically that means you are almost 20% of the way to your goal.
  • circusmom
    circusmom Posts: 662 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the tips!!!