Do you wear a hat indoors?

Options
ScatteredThoughts
ScatteredThoughts Posts: 3,562 Member
So, at work they recently changed the dress code. They now allow us to wear a hat while at work. I've noticed that a few of my co-workers are now wearing baseball caps and such inside. Even though I am used to a somewhat casual atmosphere at an Internet/Technology company, it still seems strange to see people wearing hats for jobs where you are inside all day, at a computer.

Maybe it is just me. I've never really like wearing hats, and even found it annoying when I was in the military. How many of you would wear a hat for a desk job?

Replies

• tadpole242
    tadpole242 Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    Wearing a hat inside, is, if you're male a sure sign of poor up-bringing, even inside a car you should not wear hats. Women can wear them inside shops and churches, but not at a desk.
  • chocl8girl
    chocl8girl Posts: 1,968 Member
    Options
    Ugh. Not appropriate at all. I don't even allow my boys to put hoodies up inside. No.
  • kaylaandthestarcatcher
    Options
    I don't wear baseball caps because ew, ugly, and also don't have a desk job, but I do wear hats indoors, including to class and whatnot. Because I like hats a lot and I look really really good in them and if they look good with my outfit then yeah, I'll wear it.
    (I also wear shoes that make my feet go numb and dresses that I can barely breathe in, though, all because they ~look good~ so I don't know if my opinion is even slightly valid right now.)
  • digitalbill
    digitalbill Posts: 1,410 Member
    Options
    The only time I wear head gear inside is when I put on my tinfoil helmet for protection from the government intrusion rays.
  • LMT2012
    LMT2012 Posts: 697 Member
    Options
    I am super old fashioned about this. Men wearing hats of any kind indoors (even at a hot dog stand) must be poorly raised and tacky. I guess you could call it a prejudice. Women, on the other hand, should wear more hats. So cute!
  • rubixcyoob
    rubixcyoob Posts: 395
    Options
    No hats indoors, unless for religious purposes, or it is perhaps a hat for an event like a wedding/funeral.
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,793 Member
    Options
    Cover this beautiful skull? Never.
  • sewerchick93
    sewerchick93 Posts: 1,440 Member
    Options
    I'm old school, I man should always take his hat/cap off when indoors and the same goes for women in ballcaps.

A woman in a "Sunday church" kind of hat is the only type of hat that is appropriate indoors.
  • rileamoyer
    rileamoyer Posts: 2,411 Member
    Options
    Without a bonafide reason I don't like seeing men wearing hats indoors. Here in cowboy country - it seems as if most men/boys ignore that training. sigh BUT cowboy hats in bars = ok though ;)