Why 30 Day Shred?

Options
Just curious why it seems there are a LOT of people doing 30DS on this site. What is so special about it?

Replies

• alpine1994
    alpine1994 Posts: 1,915 Member
    Options
    30DS was the first regular exercise that I did when I decided to start losing weight, and based on my experience with it:

1. It's free on youtube
    2. It's fun
    3. It challenges you, no matter what fitness level you are
    4. It makes you realize that you're stronger than you thought
    5. It doesn't take that long to see some changes in your body. For me it was my arms and shoulders looking more defined and waist/hips getting smaller.
    6. A lot of people do well with routines, like doing the DVD for 30 days (each level for 10 days or so)
  • peachfigs
    peachfigs Posts: 831 Member
    Options
    Is it still free on Youtube? Because I can only find Level 1 for free...

Also, interesting before & after video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ke1iBS_D77E
  • bparr
    bparr Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    A relatively short work out that you can squeeze into your day that really gives results in changing your body. Doesn't always give you a lot of weight loss (as you strengthen throughout the work-out), but you'll burn calories and 'shape-up'.
  • loriamcq
    loriamcq Posts: 64
    Options
    I admit, I'm not a fan of exercise. But this video was easy enough for me to keep up with (level 1) and it did cause me to increase my pulse and breathing and even sweat a little. I think it's a good starting point. And having done it for just 4 days (plus really sticking to my calorie allotment) I am down 2.6 lbs.
  • GymAnJuice
    GymAnJuice Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    all the above are true but because it gets results, that and it's only 22mins long
  • dolly3186
    dolly3186 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    What I love most about it is that it's short...about 20 - 25 minutes. And it's intense. You get a great workout in a short amount of time. :)
  • Amas77
    Amas77 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    My husband and I are starting this next week. I can't wait!
  • RedVelvetCurls
    RedVelvetCurls Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    I've done the 30 Day Shred 3 times now. I love it. I dropped a dress size each time, and I gained so much confidence!
  • kristinbowman148
    Options
    I'm starting this week! So excited after seeing so many before and after pics.
  • jessyemay
    jessyemay Posts: 10
    Options
    It pushes you to your limit and really makes you break a sweat. The first time I did it I had to lie down for a while!
  • alpine1994
    alpine1994 Posts: 1,915 Member
    Options

Also, interesting before & after video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ke1iBS_D77E

Levels 1, 2 and 3 are all in this one:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KR7BK7jpu3M
  • hatkinson87
    Options
    Like everyone else has said, it's really good for challenging your body. I weigh 228 pounds (235 when I started MFP in Jan) and I was dying by the end of workout 1. But now, I can do all three levels and I still feel challenged! It's also built my strength in my arms and my core. I did yoga on Wednesday for the first time in years, and I kept up with everyone AND was able to do all of the moves fluidly.

Jillian will kick your butt...BUT it's only 25 minutes total so anyone can do it! :) Good luck!!
  • anne2605
    anne2605 Posts: 482 Member
    Options

I found Level 2 on Youtube yesterday. It was 1 & 2 together. I had to f/fwd over L1 to get to L2 which was a pain but it was there.

In answer to the original question. I do it 'cause it's free and only 20 mins and I can do it at home. I can't afford to go to the gym and I'm not confident to attend a gym anyway.
  • baileysmom4
    baileysmom4 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the replies. Thought maybe Jillian owned this site or something!
  • cumberlandsouth
    cumberlandsouth Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I'm gonna have to check it out....every little bit helps!
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    It's an intense, full-body workout that you can do in 20 minutes.
  • contingencyplan
    contingencyplan Posts: 3,639 Member
    Options
    It's very beginner friendly and is free on youtube. That's the main reason people do it. That being said there are a million and one things out there that are better.