New to My Fitness Pal

Options
ndixon
ndixon Posts: 10 Member
Hi everyone,

My name is Nancy, I'm new to this site and looking for some support. I've been trying to lose about 40 lbs for more than 2 years and I cannot seem to make it happen. I lose 7 or 8 lbs then everything stops and I get frustrated and quit. I need someone to hold me accountable. I know my issue is food and nutrition but I just can't seem to master it or find what works. I ran for many years and never really had to work at controlling my weight through diet. I don't know if I was blessed with a good metabolism or it was all the running. At any rate over the last 6 years I've had multiple surgeries, including two back surgeries, and I cannot run the way I use to. I still workout 4 or 5 days a week but the weight crept on any way. My weight has been up and down over the last 6 years, I make a little progress and have another set back (usually in the form of some sort of surgery). It's been quite frustrating. I really want to make a change. Anybody interested in partnering with me? I'm looking for someone to talk/email/skype, maybe daily to start???

Replies

• Tdavy814
    Tdavy814 Posts: 28
    Options
    Hi my name is Tisha, I'm 29 and have over 150 pounds to lose
  • nczuczu
    nczuczu Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    Hi Nancy,
    I too am Nancy and lived in Catasauqua (not too far from Bethlehem) for about 10 years, but now live back in my home state of WI. Welcome to MFP! You can do this. You just need to log in every day and honestly and acurately enter the food you eat and the exercise you get. Results will follow! I will send you a friend request and look forward to watching your progress!
  • ndixon
    ndixon Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hi Tisha,

How long have you been at it? I swear I've been losing the same 10 or 15 lbs for the last 5 years, so frustrating.