Lost 21lb but can't tell :(

Options
Soooo i started my weight loss journey on the 1st January and have used MFP everyday and it's really helped. So far i have lost 21lb and although every now and again people will ask me if i've lost weight. I can't tell! I need to lost 80lb in total so i'm a quarter of the way there, i thought after dropping 21lb i would of at least dropped 1 dress size?

Losing motivation and need someone to slap me! lol

Replies

• SheriF49
    SheriF49 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I seriously need that slap also. Someone please help us.
  • TomTomato
    TomTomato Posts: 223
    Options
    When we see ourselves every day, it's hard to see those small differences from day to day. The feedback you are getting from others is probably more objective. While you may not have dropped a size yet, I bet the fit is looser. Keep it up. You will be wearing smaller sizes soon!
  • LoraF83
    LoraF83 Posts: 15,694 Member
    Options
    Generally, we are pretty critical of ourselves. So, it's hard to see good changes, even if they are noticeable.

If other people are commenting, then it's showing. Keep up the good work!
  • danibu98
    danibu98 Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    Same boat and no one has really noticed. I'm going to keep going, hopefully it will be noticeable when I hit 30 or something. I don't want the 20 lbs I lost back- so the only way to go is forward.
  • xXxHBICxXx
    xXxHBICxXx Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    Same here. My mother, whom I see at least twice a week, tells me everytime she sees me that i'm losing weight and "lookin good" and my jeans are looser but I don't really see much of a difference myself. Except my arms, i've been lifting and my arms aren't as flabby as they used to be, i'm happy about that. Doesn't help that now, I can't get past 153 pounds >.< been stuck for a month.
  • noturningback91
    noturningback91 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the replies. This is my first post and i'm very surprised at what a great community there is on here! :) very supportive, thank you!
  • jadethief
    jadethief Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    I have the same issue. I've lost 18 lbs since the beginning of January and even though the measurements are smaller and my clothes are looser, I can' t tell by looking in the mirror or at "before" and "now" pictures. But every now and then, as I pass a mirror and catch a glimpse of myself, I'm jarred by the thought that my face is slimmer or the back fat is less! Of course, when I try to verify this by studying myself intently in the mirror, I just don't see it again.
  • jennmodugno
    jennmodugno Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    I find it's hard to let go of what you think you look like. I used to be very, VERY in shape, and it took my a long time after having my first child to even really see that I was getting heavy. Now I'm in the same boat you are - I'm losing weight, but I have a hard time seeing it.

Last night, I put on a dress I wore to a wedding that I'd taken a picture in. I looked at the picture on my tablet as I stood in front of the mirror. Right there, I could see the differences. My body was less round. My arms weren't as flabby. The front of my dress hung better, and I could finally see the changes my husband has been talking about. It felt great!

I got up this morning and still felt like my flabby old self when I looked in the mirror, but that's ok. It takes time. The important thing for me was forcing myself to see that I was changing. :)