Newer Here love the support......

Options
About me... I am a 43 yr old mom of 2 boys.. Guess I really never lost my pregnancy weight also have had 2 c-sections so I got that awful belly thing going on.. 12 years ago I went through a divorce and I had endometrial cancer which lead up to another surgery where they just re opened the c- section area again. Three yrs ago I became diabetic. I only take oral medication.. I had REALLY poor eating habits , started when I was a teen , only eating once a day at supper time and up until 2 months ago I still did that even though I am diabetic (pretty stupid) so that made my numbers go up and my doc thought I should go on insulin because my numbers were not extreme he just increased my oral meds.. THAT is when I though I NEED to change my lifestyle.. My goal is to loose 50 lbs.. so far I have been working on it for 2 months and have lost 16 lbs and 19.5 inches. I have been able to take 2 of 4 sugar pills away now because my numbers are awesome ! Some days are harder than others I still keep thinking it's too much food but I know it's not. I do have a hard time reach the 1200 cal mark on most days.... Some days I'm just starving ??? If anyone would like to add me I would love the support...

Replies

• disneyhereicome
    Options
    Hi,
    I'm 43 as well and Type 1 diabetic (on an insulin pump). The diabetes makes everything harder but like you say, when we eat right and lose some weight, our numbers get better and it gets easier. I have 100 lbs to lose but 75 would make me very happy :-)
    Congratulations on your 16 lbs!!!!

Feel free to add me.

Leah
  • LisaDec1969
    LisaDec1969 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Thanks good luck to you :)