Just Joined

Options
Hi. My name is Amy, and I just turned 36. I'm at my highest weight ever, and I can feel the toll it's taking on my body. Even when I was pregnant my highest weight was 229. I now weigh 243. My teenage daughter is also overweight and we are starting this journey together. I need to lead her by example, and I know I can do this. At one point I was a devoted TaeBo junky and had lost down to 155 and felt great with tons of energy. I then came down with back issues and started slowly adding the pounds back on. I'm better now and ready to get the weight back off, not only for myself but for my daughter also. With over 70 pounds to loose, I need all the support I can get.

Replies

• doctorwhome
    Options
    Welcome! I'm about the same age and weight as you, so I sympathize. I definitely need as much support as possible, so maybe we can support each other.
  • aprice3320
    Options
    Hi, feel free to add me. I've been on a weight loss/fitness journey for a little over a year now. I've lost 62lbs. I still would like to lose 25 more. I will be supportive and encourage you if you want to add me. Good luck on your journey.
  • Lt_Starbuck
    Lt_Starbuck Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    Here is some excellent support before I disappear.

1. You dont have to stick to all or nothing. This is long term which means slip ups are A-Ok - you want this to be sustainable.
    2. Make sure you dont focus too hard for too long on just one part of this.
    A. this whole thing is a table, and a table has four legs. nutrition, strength training, cardio, and rest. no one leg is more important than than any other.
    3. Stay balanced.
    4. Don't fall into the trap of thinking you cant exercise or eat healthy without motivation. Motivation makes it a little easier. You dont need it to be a little easier if you are a little stronger and a little more determined!

BEST OF LUCK TO YOUR BOTH!
  • kaitlink9
    kaitlink9 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Here is some excellent support before I disappear.

1. You dont have to stick to all or nothing. This is long term which means slip ups are A-Ok - you want this to be sustainable.
    2. Make sure you dont focus too hard for too long on just one part of this.
    A. this whole thing is a table, and a table has four legs. nutrition, strength training, cardio, and rest. no one leg is more important than than any other.
    3. Stay balanced.
    4. Don't fall into the trap of thinking you cant exercise or eat healthy without motivation. Motivation makes it a little easier. You dont need it to be a little easier if you are a little stronger and a little more determined!

BEST OF LUCK TO YOUR BOTH!

^^ THIS.