ladies? during the TOM..do you tend to loose less lbs?

Options
I think I have noticed a pattern of loosing less during the TOM, so I was wondering if other women have or are experiencing this? Is it just in my head? I am gonna press hard this week with eating well and working out...zumba is on the agenda for this evening, but there can be no other explanation since I was on the ball this past week with eating and working out. Just wondering...what do you think? :flowerforyou:

Replies

• robin52077
    robin52077 Posts: 4,383 Member
    Options
    I sometimes GAIN during that week, just about a pound though, then the next week I lose at least that usually more, because it's just bloating.
  • bonnienm
    bonnienm Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    Yes and munch more!
  • epoeraven
    epoeraven Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    This absolutely happens to me!!! But it is all water weight because I know I eat salty foods for that week. I usually lose an extra pound the week after.
  • esco2186
    esco2186 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    haha of course! eatin salty things and chocolate! i hate my TOM lol
  • littlecompton
    Options
    I gain btwn 2-3lbs of water weight which goes away as soon as it starts. Don't worry about it at that TOM - go easy on yourself for not losing more (or gaining a little) because it's natural to retain water.
  • hkuiuc99
    hkuiuc99 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I usually gain during the TOM...anywhere from 2-4 lbs...I think its mostly water weight though but not sure because I usually crave lots of salt and sugar....
  • 00trayn
    00trayn Posts: 1,849 Member
    Options
    I noticed that the scale didn't budge when I was on TOM, but as soon as it stopped, I started losing again at a decent rate. I don't mind if the scale stays the same, it hasn't gone up for me during it do far. I just make sure to drink extra water.
  • Annr
    Annr Posts: 2,765 Member
    Options
    I look at that time like a bleep on your body's weight monitor machine. Since tracking my weight loss I have noticed this bleep every month. Its just my body's normal rthymn and I don't stress about it. Now, being older I also notice last month NO BLEEPING bleep....lol Im going into that other phase of life...menopause..oh JOY...um help (said meekly) Rebecca
  • zionjeannine
    zionjeannine Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone, I have a huge FEWWWW!!! ...wiping off my brow after reading your posts because I now know it's normal and not in my head. Excited for my next weigh in then b/c I know it should be followed by a big YES!!..lol
    THANK YOU!!:happy:
  • Elokyn
    Elokyn Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    omg mine is like three days away and my weigh in day is two days away! I'm so scared I'm gonna be dissapointed because I've gained as much as 7 during that TOM!!! It always drops off but it will suck for my weigh in!!
  • beachbaby18
    Options
    yeah during tom i usually gain a pound or two. nothing huge though. i get major cravings for chocolate and salty foods. i also get really thirsty for pop. that's the only part that sucks. i try really hard to drink water but when tom comes around it's pop like all the time. lol.:ohwell: