What motivates YOU?

Options
I've had a really rough couple of years healthwise and sometimes it just feels so good to be able to eat that I just do. And do. And do some more.

What motivates all of you to take that first step? That first week? To keep going?

How do you keep from getting down on yourself, not just about your eating habits, but about what is causing your eating habits?

Exercise is not an issue...3 times a week I run 2 miles and push weights around. It's the eating that has me.

Where do you get the strength to drink and extra glass of water or two instead of reaching for the chocolate? Or the crackers? Or the ANYTHING?

How do you deal with what is bugging you WITHOUT the food?

Replies

• LoraF83
    LoraF83 Posts: 15,694 Member
    Options
    My mottos towards food:

1. Nothing is taboo. Everything in moderation. I eat the foods I want (including carbs, sugar, fats, etc) as they fit in my calorie goal and macros.
    2. I don't have to eat ALL the food right now because I have a car, money, free time, the ability to cook, and appliances so I can get more and have more whenever I want it. They make cheesecake every day. I don't need 2 servings now because I can get another serving anytime I feel like it.
    3. One bad day won't ruin all the other good days.