Chili's Salad just ruined my day!

Options
Just had a Chili's bbq grilled chicken salad and when I logged into my diary saw it was over 1000 calories! Am I stupid or what? Next I'll find out that ice-cream is fattening.

Replies

• jillybeanruns
    jillybeanruns Posts: 1,420 Member
    Options
    :(

Sucks that they pack salads with tonnes of calories these days. Next time go to Panera...Chopped Chicken Cobb Salad is 290 calories (without the bacon). Deliciousness!
  • pipinana
    pipinana Posts: 2,356 Member
    Options
    LOL classic!
    Log before you eat... Get's me screwed every time I try to be sneaky!!!! :P

xoxox
  • hawkeye01
    hawkeye01 Posts: 162
    Options
    I know how you feel. I use to eat a chicken salad from Wendy's all the time and then discovered it had like 500+ calories. Just when you think you are eating healthy right?
  • littlecompton
    Options
    I'll try Panera's! Yes, perhaps I was trying to fool myself. At least I fooled my husband - he thought I was being good.
  • Nich0le
    Nich0le Posts: 2,906 Member
    Options
    BBQ should have been the first clue really. I agree, it is always best to log before you eat so you can make a better choice when you are faced with the menu in front of you. You'll do better next time.
  • nathaliexol
    Options
    Just had a Chili's bbq grilled chicken salad and when I logged into my diary saw it was over 1000 calories! Am I stupid or what? Next I'll find out that ice-cream is fattening.

I hate Chilis :( the same thing has been happening to me lately I keep going over my calories since I eat out a lot...It's difficult to keep track...My advice is try to decide where to eat out before leaving your home or job or school and is very easy to just turn on the computer check the menu and check on MFP for the numbers. Have a few options in your head before stepping out. Also some restaurants like Olive Garden and Applebees have menu section with low calorie meals and they tell you exactly the number of calories.
  • PoeRaven
    PoeRaven Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    I think it's awful all the stuff they put into salads these days. I plugged in your salad minus the bacon and BBQ sauce and it was still 850 calories! I have learned (the hard way unfortunately) to look up the calorie content of foods BEFORE I eat out.
    Don't let this get you down...tomorrow is a brand new day!
    I had a McDonalds side salad with croutons and Newmans light balsamic vinegarette dressing...along with a large sugar free vanilla iced coffee....240 calories total and very yummy.

Good luck in all you do... :flowerforyou:
  • littlecompton
    Options
    How about I just leave out the lettuce and go right for the bacon and cheese next time. Is that wrong??? JUST KIDDING! Glad to see I'm not the only one who's made that salad mistake. Thank's for the input about checking first.