Looking for good recipe sites

Options
PamMarch
PamMarch Posts: 2 Member
Hi!

New to MFP and if anyone has good sites for simple healthy recipes, please forward them my way! It seems I'm always preparing the same meals over and over, which is becoming boooring! Thanks!!! :smile:

Replies

• csuhar
    csuhar Posts: 779 Member
    Options
    Here's one I use. It's fairly handy, and you can narrow down your selection by various health goals, too.

http://recipes.menshealth.com/RecipeFinder.aspx
  • lmkaks
    lmkaks Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    My go-to sites include:

www.skinnytaste.com (I just posted on an earlier thread my favorites include Bakes Spaghetti Squash and Cheese, Crockpot Santa Fe Chicken, Mushroom Stroganoff, Sausage Filled Zucchini Boats. She has low fat recipes that are normal portion sizes and most are pretty easy to make. I have been making at least one of her recipes one to two times per week now for about a month, I love her!)

www.canyoustayfordinner.com (not a recipe site per say, but she has a terrific, and inspirational story, is a GREAT writer and some REALLY good recipes on here)

www.cookinglight.com (You can search on here by calories, so if you want a 350 calorie dinner, just type it in)

www.pinterest.com (I have a ton on my board, but if you just type in "healthy recipe" in the search box, a ton will show up. Try it with "healthy chicken" or "healthy shrimp" etc.)

I do use three South Beach cookbooks regularly (one is Quick and Easy, the other are just basic South Beach recipes) and I have another recipe book Everyday Food Light that I use constantly (www.everydayfood.com) You can find these for cheap on www.half.com.

Good luck!
  • jdelisle
    jdelisle Posts: 1,050 Member
    Options
    www.CookingWithJax.com :)
  • lisafischer1983
    lisafischer1983 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    There are some great recipes on the BBC Good Food website. They're quick and simple to make, have all the nutritional info listed and have just about all been delicious. A lot of them are already captured when you search MFP foods too.

Take a look here:
    http://www.bbcgoodfood.com/content/healthy/
  • lmkaks
    lmkaks Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    There are some great recipes on the BBC Good Food website. They're quick and simple to make, have all the nutritional info listed and have just about all been delicious. A lot of them are already captured when you search MFP foods too.

Take a look here:
    http://www.bbcgoodfood.com/content/healthy/

I LOVE when a recipe I use is already in the database :)

I find a lot of Cooking Light, Skinnytaste and South Beach recipes are in the database as well.
  • SandyAnnP
    SandyAnnP Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    bump
  • CharliesInCharge
    CharliesInCharge Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    skinny taste and allrecipes.com
  • ChasingAmyLiz
    ChasingAmyLiz Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    http://nummersbynumbers.blogspot.com/

Some good ideas complete with Nutritional info.
  • WifeofPJ
    WifeofPJ Posts: 312
    Options
    I agree with the Skinnytaste.com comment. Love that website she has tons of healthy recipe's for just about anything! I love the Chicken Enchilada Soup recipe. It's one of my staples to my diet.
  • amaysngrace
    amaysngrace Posts: 742 Member
    Options
    www.allrecipes.com
    www.myrecipe.com
  • MBCook2
    MBCook2 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Bump...thanks for new ideas! I've been using the same sites all the time.
  • bermudamel
    bermudamel Posts: 212
    Options
    www.hungry-girl.com
    You get a daily email if you sign up and can find lots of recipes on her website. A few personal faves are the BLT pizza and The Whole Enchilada Chicken Soup. Not only that, there are all kinds of product reviews and links to other things as well. I've found so many great new foods/recipes thanks to that site!
  • nancycaregiver
    nancycaregiver Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    There is an app called Spark Recipes you can download. It has a bazillion healthy recipes and you can search for things. Type in "low calorie", "low fat", "low carb" or whatever you are doing and it will pull them up. You can save to favorites so they are there when you need them. And the app is FREE!!
  • Mrsmorman
    Mrsmorman Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    :heart:
  • ChloeRoseLejeune
    Options
    iowa girl eats, she has amazing recipes. just google her
  • alyssa92982
    alyssa92982 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    I've gotten quite a few meal and snack ideas from Pinterest it's got a nice mixture of all the websites mentioned above pinned in health section
  • LongLiveJen
    LongLiveJen Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    eatingwell.com
  • ittybittybadonkadonk
    ittybittybadonkadonk Posts: 11,634 Member
    Options
    4 sites that I use often are ..hungrygirl.com ......canyoustayfordinner.com ....skinnytaste.com and emilybites.com
  • whouwannab
    whouwannab Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    bump
  • IowaJen1979
    IowaJen1979 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    I have been on a BIG Skinnytaste kick the past few weeks. I have made a dozen recipes from the site and all but one of them was really, really good. Here are the ones I made that I like:

Baked macaroni and cheese
    Avocado egg salad
    Banana chocolate chip pancakes (one of my faves)
    Garlic lovers roast beef
    Chicken Nuggets
    Zucchini Tots
    Turkey Cuban Sandwich
    Chicken Parmesan
    Scalloped Potatoes au Gratin
    Buffalo Chicken Potato Skins
    Cauliflower with bread crumbs and asiago cheese
    Buttermilk mashed potatoes
    Avocado mango salsa
    Quesadillas (which uses the salsa)
    Blue cheese dressing (for the potato skins)

Next I'm going to try the Sesame Chicken.