Withings scale auto-recognition

Options
I've been looking at the Withings scale for awhile now. Since I don't have FitBit anymore, their scale is no longer in the running.

What is your experience with the auto-recognition feature? The two adults in the house are usually within 5 pounds of each other, and the two kids are within 10 pounds of each other. Would the scale know there are 4 people in the house??

And to those that have it, are you glad you chose it? Or do you wish you had done something different?

Thanks for the advice. Happy workouts!

Replies

• halleymw
    halleymw Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    Why does not using the fitbit rule out the aria scale? I moved to the bodymedia fit, but still use my aria scale. Some info about multiple users on the aria with similar weights:

When two people are close in weight, the scale will ask you to step off after showing your weight.

If the initials shown are not yours, tap the scale until yours appear.

Wait 3-4 seconds for the scale to assign the measurement to you.

Mike
  • Adw7677
    Adw7677 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Very interesting.

I have read that if you link FitBit (any of the products) to MFP, it assumes you use the scale AND the tracker. So if you link them but just use the scale, it thinks you slept all day and did nothing (since it gets no reading from a tracker). I was also thinking that the Withings scale had slightly better reviews on Amazon. I researched them a few months ago, when I was using a tracker.

Thank you for replying!!! I'd bet both scales are similar in with how they do auto-recognition. :D
  • halleymw
    halleymw Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    The bodymedia links for me now to give me my tdee. If you didn't have one then you would just manually input your exercise like I assume you are doing now.
    Mike