Tuna Lovers

Options
mcg6242
mcg6242 Posts: 84
So, I really enjoy eating tuna for lunch but I always seem to make it the same way. I was interested in seeing what everone else puts in theres, or what you eat it with?

Replies

• bthumudo
    bthumudo Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I like to add a little srirachi or horse radish to the mix. I also usually cut up some bread and butter pickles and add them to give it a little crunch.
  • BeyondTrouble
    BeyondTrouble Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Most of the time (if I have it) ill use a half an avocado in place of any mayo and ill add an ounce of either goat or feta cheese to the mix. & 2 tbs of diced onions.
  • devan44
    devan44 Posts: 130
    Options
    I eat it with Franks Red Hot Buffalo Wing sauce - sometimes just like that and sometimes on Arnolds 100 cal bread with swiss laughing cow. YUMMY!! You can do the same with canned chicken ;)
  • kjoy_
    kjoy_ Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    light miracle whip, chopped celery or pickles, flavored roasted almond slices (salad accent brand i think), grape halves, garlic, dill, tarragon, black pepper, dried cranberries. i add a combo of any of these to all my chicken/tuna salad
  • whatjesseats
    whatjesseats Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Recently I'm really really liking this tuna and white bean salad:

http://budgetbytes.blogspot.com/2012/10/tuna-white-bean-salad-188-recipe-063.html

INGREDIENTS
    1 (15 oz.) can white beans
    1 (5 oz.) can chunk light tuna in water
    2 whole green onion
    1 Tbsp lemon juice
    1 Tbsp olive oil
    to taste salt & pepper

STEP 1: Pour the can of beans into a colander and rinse with cool water. Allow the excess water to drain off. Drain the can of tuna. Combine the drained beans and tuna in a bowl. Thinly slice the green onions and add to the bowl as well.

STEP 2: Add the olive oil and lemon juice to the bowl, along with a light sprinkle of salt and freshly ground black pepper. Stir to combine.

STEP 3: Taste the mixture and add salt, pepper, or lemon juice to your liking.
  • mcg6242
    mcg6242 Posts: 84
    Options
    Thank you everyone :smile: