Starting Weight Training - looking for different strategies

osram34
osram34 Posts: 54
edited September 20 in Health and Weight Loss
I've been focusing on cardio for the past 4 months and seem to have lost a lot of weight. Yet i belive its time for me to increase muscle mass in order to burn more calories over all not just with my cardio sessions. I haven't really researched much on weight training and was wondering any strategies you guys have done and seen results. Im really not even sure what muscles u have to work on the same day to be more efficient. if you guys have some good tips let me know?

Replies

• I would recommend to check out "The Body for Life" book by Bill Phillips at your local library. Or check out their website body4life.com. They have good weight lifting tips, when you should exercise your upper body and what the 5 muscle groups are. Then lower body work out days and what 4 muscle groups to focus on there. Good Luck and keep up the good work.
  • waguchan
    waguchan Posts: 450 Member
    I like "The New Rules of Lifting: Six Basic Moves for Maximum Muscle" by Lou Schuler. I read the version for women, but that one is the version for men.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/158333338X

On amazon.com, it has 111 customer reviews with 4.5 stars.
  • hill242
    hill242 Posts: 412 Member
    I like "The New Rules of Lifting: Six Basic Moves for Maximum Muscle" by Lou Schuler. I read the version for women, but that one is the version for men.

Great book, great workout routines.

Another recommendation: Starting Strength by Rippetoe
This discussion has been closed.