Benefits of being sick......

Options
LuvinLife
LuvinLife Posts: 89 Member
Hi everyone,

I don't post here often, but for any science gurus out there, here's an idea. It has come from the fact that I have been sick for the last 2 weeks with a nasty cold gone sinus infection. For about 8 days, my sinuses were so clogged I could not taste ANYTHING, truly. Not even Robitussin. It was pretty cool except for not feeling well. I have lost 5lbs in 2 weeks because I didn't have any cravings. I had to make myself eat because I knew I needed to. I made sure to stay within my calories and drank lots of water. I know that I may gain some of this back now that I am starting to feel a bit better, but I am going to try and keep it off if I can.

So, my suggestion is for someone to come up with a pill that will block the olfactory nerves. If you can't smell anything, your sense of taste will follow pretty much. I don't think it's something people should live on permanently, but it could make those cravings disappear when you are having a rough time with them.

I am on the mend and my sense of taste is coming back slowly. I wish I could get the fluid out of my ears though.:ohwell:

Just had to put it out there.

Claire

Replies

• NotSurprised
    NotSurprised Posts: 8,083 Member
    Options
    True, true, true the weight loss, quick off to the street to find a syringe needle to inject. hahahah Nah I'm glad you're feeling better. I remember seeing those things where they have the smells of foods like pizza & all not exactly what you're saying but it was supposed to stop you from consuming the food. I never tried it so I can't say if it worked but seems rather odd wouldn't you crave it more if you could smell it maybe their was something added to it.