NSV- my toddler is eating better

Options
rekite2000
rekite2000 Posts: 218 Member
Just really started- I love heathy food, but I love "junk" food too. Over the few years, it has been a lot more junk than anything else. I saw my daughter heading the same way which was my fault- she is only two after all. Lunches have always been my downfall for both of us. But, today I was watching her have lunch- she ate the chilli I made, her peas, and started to steal my veggies off my plate. All day she asks for apples and oranges. I feel bad for not doing this sooner, but I have hit a goal. My daughter (and eventually the baby) is becoming a healthier eater. Do I still let her have chicken nuggets or Mac and cheese? Yes- she will hopefully learn that it is a balance. I really hope to teach her to look at calories and ask "do I have enough to support my body?" But, for now- she is eating a more balanced diet and really likes it. I feel like a better mom by being a better example. Really encourages me to continue all my changes.

Replies

• keriberi9
    keriberi9 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    That's a huge thing! I have a 3 yr old and a baby and am noticing that we are feeding my son much healthier than before we started this. Yes he still eats a hotdog or chicken nuggets like most kids, but he's getting a more balanced diet too! Congratulations!!!
  • kmakar
    kmakar Posts: 103
    Options
    Good for you! Kids learn to do what you do. My 3yo eats his broccoli and carrots because mom does and he also likes to imitate me exercising. I feel good about the example we are setting for him.
  • 1corin61920
    Options
    Really fantastic. You are teaching your little one healthy habits!! :):) Great job, mom!
  • cook6609
    cook6609 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    I am seeing the same progress with my young boys ( 3 & 1). While I cared more about their health and nutrition more than mine own since their birth, I wasn't setting the example. Every once in a while, they get the chicken nuggets or hot dog, but with every lunch and dinner they have fruit and/or veggie. They also only have one cup of juice (100% juice- not the fake punch or anything like that) per day. The rest of the time is milk or water. My 3 year old works out with me or tries to (lol). My youngest has even started to mimic us. It's a wonderful feeling to know that I'm instilling good life long habits into their lives. I hope that they can avoid weight issues when they get older due to living a healthy lifestyle.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!