At a loss on Exercise

Options
I work two jobs one sitting at a desk and the other cleaning but by the time I get home at night its bedtime it seems. So how do you get in the exercise?

Replies

• Mokey41
    Mokey41 Posts: 5,769 Member
    Options
    You don't have to exercise to lose weight. About 90% of your weight loss will come from your food intake and maybe if your second job is active you're getting some exercise, not in the traditional sense.
  • fit4lifeUcan2
    fit4lifeUcan2 Posts: 1,458 Member
    Options
    I work two jobs one sitting at a desk and the other cleaning but by the time I get home at night its bedtime it seems. So how do you get in the exercise?

Walking as much as possible. On days when I'm out all day long and on campus I take the stairs instead of the elevator. Get up from your desk and walk to the water cooler and back or just walk around the office. If smokers can go outside for a smoke and not get chewed out for it I say we can get up as often and walk around.
  • kikicooks
    kikicooks Posts: 1,079 Member
    Options
    Sounds like your cleaning job might be exercise but if you want to add in more, you just need to find the time. Maybe walks on break? 30 Day Shred is circuit training that are only 20-25 min long. Just do what you can when you can.
  • carrieous
    carrieous Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    lunch break
  • Lizzy622
    Lizzy622 Posts: 3,705 Member
    Options
    Cleaning can be a great exercise. Challenge yourself to do it faster or better or just pick up the pace. Alos a quick 15 minute walk at lunchtime coumts.
  • petstorekitty
    petstorekitty Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    cleaning can be great exercise.
    If you begin eating properly and at a deficit you should see weight loss.

Perhaps look into a heart rate monitor that can tell you how much you are burning while cleaning.
    Even if you can't get one (I know they can be $$$) still if you begin eating for weight loss, really no additional exercise is necessary.

MFPs calorie goals already include a calorie deficit for weight loss so if you stick with that, log everything, be honest, etc etc.
    You should be OK

Also, if you really want to add in exercise, toss in some jogging in place, squats, lunges, jumping jacks just 5 minutes is a kick-but kick start to your metabolism!

Good luck :):)
  • miqisha
    miqisha Posts: 1,534 Member
    Options
    Try taking stairs instead of elevator. if you are able to afford them, buy DVDs that are 20-30 minutes in length and do them when you can. Try walking around the office. Different little stuff that can help.