Candida diet

Options
I have been looking at the candida diet lately as it seems good, though horribly restrictive. I was wondering if anybody on here has had an experience either good or bad with it, or if it is just a silly fad.

Replies

• PaleoPath4Lyfe
    PaleoPath4Lyfe Posts: 3,161 Member
    Options
    It is good for people that have been diagnosed with Candida as the reason it is restrictive is so that the Candida (yeast ) will die off.

Internal yeast infections are nasty and cause a plethora of health issues, including the inability to lose weight.

If you believe you have systematic Candida, go to your Dr and they will put you on a similar regime along with anti-fingal medications to get rid of the Candida.

You would have to go on a similar restrictive way of eating from 6 - 12 weeks, or longer. Depending on how bad the Candida overgrowth is.
  • abbyfromlyle
    Options
    I don't think the anti candida diet is a good choice just for weight loss. It's too restrictive and not entirely balanced. It works if you have an overgrowth of candida in your system. The benefits of my health issues clearing up makes the restrictive diet worth the difficulties.

I'm one week into living on the anti-candida diet. Will start anti fungal treatment after 2 more weeks, allowing my body to adjust slowly to the die off. First 2 times stayed eating right for 2 to 3 years afterwards...huge improvement in health issues long term. Am starting the diet for my health but also want to lose weight.
    1223345 Posts: 1,386 Member
    Options
    I just found out I have a candida overgrowth. Apparently the anti fungals are not actually that effective. I am researching to get more info on what will be the best approach.