Confused??

Nmiller0
Nmiller0 Posts: 2
edited September 20 in Health and Weight Loss
Im new at this site and am very determined on losing this weight!! Although i am a little confused on how this works. I ate breakfast, and did some exercise. My Calorie goal is1200. It went down after i ate breakfast, but went up after i exercised. Now i am wondering, do i eat more now that it went up after i exercise or do i still stick to the 1200 calories ONLY a day goal? or do i eat more because it went up after i exercised. Im sorry if this is a stupid question. Im just confused.

Replies

• Elokyn
    Elokyn Posts: 448 Member
    I must admit it confuses me also but from what I've read you're supposed to eat what you burn. I always thought you exercised and just ate the same and that's how you lost but there are posts where people say they plateu because they aren't eating ENOUGH. I'm interested to see the responses to this one too.
  • Nmiller0
    Nmiller0 Posts: 2
    It makes no sense to me at all.. Hopefully someone can straighten this up for us.
  • kawade80
    kawade80 Posts: 44
    There are a lot of people on here that will say to eat them back, and there are a lot that will tell you not to. I personally eat some of them back, but not all of them. You need to realize that what it tells you you burned is almost always a little higher than what you actually burn. So you don't want to be eating too many calories back.
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,294 Member
    There are dozens of posts about this issue, read the newbie thread and you should find your answers
  • This can be very confusing, but what MFP does is set your caloric goal for the day under what it should be giving you a defecit. So if you meet your number of calories for that day you will still lose weight. The reason you are supposed to eat back your excercise calories is because you already have a defecit and if you do not your metabolism may slow. Hope this helps clarify!
  • TheMaidOfAstolat
    TheMaidOfAstolat Posts: 3,222 Member
    MPF sets you up with a caloric deficit (meaning this is anywhere from 500-3000 cals) less a week than what you were eating. You need to eat some of these calories back or you are creating more of a deficit. The 1200 cals a day isn't always the most relable (I can get away with a bit less because of my body type, shape, weight, ect) But it's usually the bottom of what most adult women should eat. With that said...eat most of your cals back, eat healthfully, and exercise.
This discussion has been closed.