Looking for other busy moms

Options
Hi! My name is Ana. I am a super busy mom and wife. Most of my current friends are just like "Why don't you just workout all the time and not eat?" Because I have things to do all the time. I don't have time to workout all day long or to be tired because I am not eating anything. Looking for some other moms who want to drop a few with someone who understands the time crunch of being a mom.

Replies

• southernmom3
    southernmom3 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    add me - I am a single mother of two so I understand you can't just exercise all day and eat what you need to every day
  • Julem22
    Julem22 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Yup mom of 2, a three year old and a two year old, and I work full time.
  • mooreebony
    Options
    I work, go to school and at times feel like a single mom because my husband works long hours so I know how difficult time contraints and dieting/getting in shape could be. I try to exercise before i go to work, when i get off or on my lunch break.
  • alyssa92982
    alyssa92982 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    I hear ya! Mom of 3 here and work full time 3rd shift!!
  • bpetrowski
    Options
    Yeah I love my friends but none of them workout and very few of them are moms. I have to workout during my lunch break. It's only 30 mins but it works!:smile: I would love to join this group/forum.. Do I need to do anything?
  • 1ocean1girl
    1ocean1girl Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me :smile: Im a single mom, work full time and go to school full time. Its definately a balancing act between working out, eating right and mommyhood - but it can be done :wink:
  • raya301
    raya301 Posts: 7
    Options
    Add me - I have a 4 year old, work full time and go to school full time, along with helping my husband run his business.
  • cinthyathreeohfive
    Options
    Meeee. i have an almost 5 month baby boy and I work full-time about 45 minutes away from home. Needless to say, I am so busy all the time. When I do have free time, I don't feel like doing anything! But I must, to reach my ultimate goal :) add me if you'd like
  • MsP90X
    MsP90X Posts: 1,053 Member
    Options
    I am a busy Mom too... aren't we all :)

I have three children (17, 10 and 7) and this time of the year we spend most of our time in arenas as we cheer on the baby during hockey season. The regular season ended this weekend and the AAA season begins after one weekend off.

On the side I work full time at a school board, I volunteer for the Family and Senior policies for our town and I am a City Counsellor. I am also starting a business venture and MAKE the time to workout six days a week minimum.

Add me if that qualifies me :)
  • MsipiGRITS
    MsipiGRITS Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Yep. I feel ya! Single mom of 2 (4 yrs & 7 yrs) here. I feel ya. I try to go run at lunch, but there often isn't time. That also has me leaving much later from work and I have to rush to pick up my 4yo from day care then my 7yo from after school care before they close. So, then I try to plan to run on the treadmill after they go to bed, but you know how that goes... Laundry, dishes, other housework, exhaustion... LOL I'd be glad to have some mom peeps to keep up the motivation!
  • xilka
    xilka Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    I'm a homeschooling mom, which is basically a full time job,
    and I teach dance class a few times a week.

I wake up an hour before my son so that I can get in my workout.
    Working out at home is the only way for me.

Don't forget that lots of housework makes you an active person.
    You're burning calories, so it counts!
  • katew1129
    Options
    Mom of a 1 and 5 year old here and work FT. Would love to add you and other busy moms!
  • vedra_b
    vedra_b Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    I am a mother of 5 biological children but have 7 children living in my home only 3 are my biological the older two have moved out. i work full time and have no time to myself even on my luch i am picking up my preschooler. but have decided i need to take that time. what that means for me is i take the time to mesure my food, i take the kids swimming and i get in the pool and play, put the music on loud and dance with my kids. I walk around my office building on a break, each time i go to the bathroom i do 20 squates (weird but its something). Sometimes its only seconds i am stealing here and there but i really has helped last week i lost 6 lbs! i would love to add busy moms too!
  • ohenry78
    ohenry78 Posts: 228
    Options
    I'm not a mom. Nor am I single.

That said, I AM a Dad now (that's my new baby girl in my profile picture!) and a stepdad, and I work full time with a long commute. So I can empathize with you. Feel free to add if you're cool with non-moms as well :)
  • sd0104
    sd0104 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I'm new here too...feel free to add me :)

I'm a mom of 3, with a full time job and part time school! I can totally understand where you're coming from!

--Steph
  • AnnaBrown31
    Options
    My name is Anna and I am a mom of three, married and work full time - feel free to add me.
  • lovinglifemore
    lovinglifemore Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    hello there, married mom of three, 7 girl, 4 boy (ASD) and almost 2 year old boy. Work weekend night shift in a nursing home. need to lose more than a few, love to have support and support others. Feel free to add me :)
  • bre8199
    bre8199 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I'm a mom to 1- but work full time with an hour commute one way. Add me and we can buddies! This is "doable". We just have to make our health a priority!
  • Elicur
    Elicur Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I'm 22, with a boyfriend and two children born in the same calendar year... ( 2012 ) I'm just trying to lose the twenty pounds I've put on since highschool haha. I feel like the only time I get to myself, I'm working out . Which, I would rather spend eating ice cream while my old year old isn't around to cry for some :p

Free feel to message and add :)
  • garnet116
    garnet116 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    add me, I'm a mom to 3! Would love to connect with other moms