Anyone else keep Kosher?

Options
2»

Replies

• tincanonastring
    tincanonastring Posts: 3,944 Member
    Options
    I don't keep kosher, but I often have a day in my week where I know I'll be over my normal calorie goals. You can try shaving an extra 100 or so calories from the preceding days to "bank" them for Shabbat. If you can manage to save 150 calories for 4 days, that's an extra 600 you can have. When the Seder meal comes around, you may want to save for a whole week!
  • ABeautifulDistraction
    ABeautifulDistraction Posts: 348 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    Hi everyone,
    I'm new to MyFitnessPal (thanks to a coworker) and I'm so excited to get started! I've got a ways to go but I'm really determined. My question is, anyone else out there who keeps Kosher? Would love to connect with people who deal with that blessing/challenge too, especially if you struggle with overeating at weekly Shabbat meals!
    Looking forward to connecting!

Kosher here, as well as plenty of food allergies and restrictions. I don't keep a traditional Shabbos, though and that's something I really want to work on for myself. My family is mixed faith and we have really let ourselves get too lax.

• raizelchaya
    raizelchaya Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I am Shomer Shabbat and Kosher. Anyone else here still on MFP? Friend me.
  • devash1762
    devash1762 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Hi all: I am also frum, shomer shabbos and keep fully kosher. I found this group today since I joined on 6/11.
  • estherdragonbat
    estherdragonbat Posts: 5,283 Member
    Options
    And now, so have I!
  • rdmitch
    rdmitch Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    Used to be pretty good about it but as the matriarchs of the family expired we have tended to be a lot less kosher except for the
    high holy days.
    Would like to see some good options to incorporated into the meal plans
  • estherdragonbat
    estherdragonbat Posts: 5,283 Member
    Options
    I can help with pareve recipes (I'm an ovo-lacto vegetarian married to a meat-eater and I rarely make dairy. Eggs I use more in baking.)