How to Dress for your Body...

Options
2»

Replies

• mfpcopine
    mfpcopine Posts: 3,093 Member
    Options
    If you're talking about shape, instead of style, you need to analyze your body shape. It's more complicated than just being a pear or an apple. Look for sites that discuss how to create a personal croquis, which is a diagram of your body, which will help you understand your proportions. It's involved, but worth it. You'll start to understand why certain lengths or necklines, or sleeves, work better on your body. After that, you can look at flattering colors and then styles.
  • JusticeGirl25
    JusticeGirl25 Posts: 703 Member
    Options
    You just got to go out shopping and try on new clothes. Try some clothes, look at a mirror and see if you like them. May want to bring a friend along with you for a second opinion.

I do like to dress up. All depends on the occasion. I could go to the grocery store first thing when I wake up, wear jeans and a t-shirt with no makeup, put a ball cap on, and call it good for going to the store. I do like show some cleavage when I'm out with my girlfriends on Friday/Saturday nights.
  • _Khaleesi_
    _Khaleesi_ Posts: 877 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys, I appreciate all the advice.

I am looking for a more feminine flirty look like vintage 40 - 50's pin up ish looks. I really like unique stuff that isn't seen everywhere.
  • mfpcopine
    mfpcopine Posts: 3,093 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys, I appreciate all the advice.

I am looking for a more feminine flirty look like vintage 40 - 50's pin up ish looks. I really like unique stuff that isn't seen everywhere.

What's your price range? There's everything from eBay and Goodwill to Anthropologie to high-end vintage and vintage-inspired. Can you sew well?