NSV: Long boarding!

Options
CorvusCorax77
CorvusCorax77 Posts: 2,536 Member
The only thing this has to do with MFP is that my better fitness means my life is better on so many levels!

My NSV this weekend was I FINALLY *finally!* figured out how to drop in, turn, and ride the face of a wave parallel to the beach! No more hanging 5 as I go straight to the beach for me :love:

This:

MG_5077.jpg

and this:

Lindsay_Steinriede_Surf-850d84624a04ade62cd0a0cc2721415b.jpg

not this:

childlearingtosurf.jpg

Though you can tell from that kid's face that he is having the time of his life, as I have been every single wave I ever caught.

Can't wait to surf again!

Replies

• jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options
    That's awesome. Never surfed, but I did do a lot of kayaking back in the day and know how much fun it can be when you catch a wave just the right way.
  • alisonsurf
    alisonsurf Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    So awesome!! I leave for Costa Rica on the 23rd for two weeks of nothing but surfing. I am determined to get to the outside on my own and really catching waves instead if the second break!
  • CorvusCorax77
    Options
    So awesome!! I leave for Costa Rica on the 23rd for two weeks of nothing but surfing. I am determined to get to the outside on my own and really catching waves instead if the second break!

Oh man! I'm so excited for you!!!!! That's gonna be such a great trip! I'm just gonna be hitting my local surf spot every weekend from now until October or so. Hopefully I'll get comfortable enough that I can feel prepared to surf south pacific! I'm going to New Zealand this winter! I also wanna surf in Hawai'i where it all began <3
  • Jonesie1984
    Jonesie1984 Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    That's awesome! I throughly plan on learning how to REALLY surf this year instead of just breaking waves and coasting in. Congrats to you!
  • CorvusCorax77
    Options
    That's awesome! I throughly plan on learning how to REALLY surf this year instead of just breaking waves and coasting in. Congrats to you!

Hey! That's fun too! LOL!

I need to work on my getting on the outside. I've done it bunches, but i'm not so great at it. I think i'm good with 4 ft waves and that's where I"m comfortable for now. This weekend they were 7 footers, so I stayed in the second break (of three).... i am planning on getting out my short board next weekend! STOKEFEST!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!