would love to hear success stories from 1500 calorie dieters

Options
I just learned from scoobysworkshop and fit2fat radio for me I was not eating enough calories. I need to eat 1500-1600 calories. I begin on Wednesday. no wonder I was so hungry. I would love to hear your success stories with this?

Replies

• skylark94
    skylark94 Posts: 2,036 Member
    Options
    I broke through a plateau by upping to 1600, then I started strength training and increased to 1800. My goal now is 2000 and I am still losing fat.

I'm 37, 5'4", 129 pounds, and about 20% body fat.
  • NutellaAddict
    NutellaAddict Posts: 1,258 Member
    Options
    I ate, I worked out, I conquered.
  • MorganLeighRN
    MorganLeighRN Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    I eat around 1300-1600 calories a day (sometimes more when I do my long runs). I have lost 26 lbs (10 on my own and 16 with MFP).
  • GlutesthatSalute
    GlutesthatSalute Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    BUMP for all the good stories to follow... ^^^w the exception of this guy@jackdiesel.. smh
  • caryn7780
    caryn7780 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I started out at 1200 and I was riding a roller coaster of a little weight loss then a small gain then some more loss then a small gain. I upped mine three weeks ago and I lost 3 pounds the first week, 3 pounds the second week and 1 pound this past week (not as good, but a loss is a loss, right?). If you are not taking in enough calories, your body will go into starvation mode and you will not do as well. Good luck, and feel free to add me if you want another encourager!!!
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Options
    I eat between 1500-1800 calories. Remember it takes time for your body to adjust the new calories. Good luck. :happy:
  • RunWinterGarden
    RunWinterGarden Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    My goal is 1870, I usually don't hit that, but I try to get close. I'm having nice, slow, steady, loss and I'm not cutting things out that I enjoy.
  • Panna9406
    Panna9406 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    bump, I've upped my calories recently and I'm still waiting for results:)
  • lbmade2crave
    lbmade2crave Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I also upped my calories to about 1500 - and waiting to see how things go!
  • ksuh999
    ksuh999 Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    1550 net calories/day. Losing a little under 2lbs a week.
  • SARgirl
    SARgirl Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    I generally ate at least 1500 net calories while I was losing and lost 35 pounds:) I've been at maintenance now since July and eat 2100-2400 calories a day.
  • concordancia
    concordancia Posts: 5,320 Member
    Options
    I eat 1500-1600 these days. I work out about an hour a day and am losing 2lbs. a week.
  • crystalflame
    crystalflame Posts: 1,049 Member
    Options
    Down from 138 to ~130 eating 1200:
    8479644029_2f56fcf32c_n.jpg

Down from 130 to 120 eating 1500-1800 and lifting heavy:
    8479644659_381474fb63_n.jpg

8480735266_e2b8926d6b_n.jpg

Moral of the story: eat more, lift heavy.
  • liz3marie
    liz3marie Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    i just started working on weight loss again the 1st of march. so far ive lost 2lbs in 11 days and ive pretty much just been eating at 1800 calories a day, however i will be lowering this to around 1500, id like to belive i wouldnt be starving on a very calorie restricted diet the rest of my life lol. Remember though the more you move the more you eat :). BTW this is the 3rd time today ive seen you post! im gonna add you!
  • SierraD4
    SierraD4 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I've only been using MFP for about two weeks tracking my 1500 cal/day.. and I've lost 3 pounds already! I'm surprised because I haven't been hungry at all and I can still eat all the things I like in moderation.
  • neandermagnon
    neandermagnon Posts: 7,436 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'1" and when I lived in Saudi I was quite inactive, although I lifted weights about 3x a week.

I successfully lost a lot of weight eating 1500 cals/day, and it got me to a healthy body fat percentage.

I tried again recently, eating at 1570 cals/day, but was starving hungry and really grumpy. I'm currently losing weight at 1850 cals/day, which I can assume is because I'm more active since I moved to Bahrain, because there's more to do here. I'm also doing a lot better at weight training on more calories, in fact I think that I'd been suffering from problems caused by being in a calorie deficit for too long, i.e. I should have had a break from dieting or upped my calories from 1500, because when I started eating more (not tracking but what I ate maintained my weight) I had a lot more energy and could lift a lot better. I recently started cutting, and I started on 1570 cals/day, but after two days I was starving hungry and I wondered if I'd miscalculated my maintenance calories, so for the last couple of weeks I've been eating 1850 cals/day which is what I'd thought was maintenance, however I'm very slowly losing weight at that number. I havent' decided if I'm going to stick with that or subtract 50-100 more cals from it for my cut, but I'm not going back down as low as 1570 cals/day any more.

Eating enough calories is about feeding your body properly so you can be strong, healthy and fit. When you eat the right amount you have more energy so you do more and burn more, your workouts are more intense, and your body invests more in your muscles. You have to eat at a surplus for your muscles to grow bigger, but they can get a lot stronger eating at a small deficit, and your bones can too. There's no way I'm going to eat as few calories as I can, I'd rather eat a lot more and for my body to be strong and capable, and just a small deficit to slowly burn off the remaining stubborn fat (currently around 22% body fat, aiming for probably around 18-20%)
  • SimplyAG
    SimplyAG Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I've been eating 1700 calories for the past 4 weeks. I've lost 5 lbs so far and 2% BF. i'm extremely happy I stumbled onto IPOARM before I started with 1200 calories.:happy:

BTW: THANK YOU Dan!!
  • KylieJordan16
    KylieJordan16 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I eat 1500 a day plus some of my exercise calories (I tried all but I get soo fuulllll) & I've lost 15lbs since the 2nd week of January! I typically lose 1-2lbs per week which is great for me! I also run a ton! It's my favorite exercise.
  • feefie04
    feefie04 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I've been on a 500 calorie deficit (bringing my net to 1500) for three months and lost a good 1 pound a week. Then I plateaued for a couple months, and now I have upped my intake by about 200 calories average and lost another 2 pounds in the past two weeks. I just listen to my body, if I am truly hungry or grumpy because of hunger, then I need to eat. Sometimes I eat 1900 in a day, sometimes I eat 1200, but usually it is closer to 1500 and I'm sure it averages out at the end of the week. I started out at 173 and I'm now at 154 by ONLY counting calories (I have not worked exercise in yet, I want to start lifting soon) since September 2012. I am 5'2".
  • chimelle85
    chimelle85 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I've been having around 1500 for a year and have lost over 5 stone with no cravings at all. I find the key is not depriving yourself, just adapting your attitude towards food. Good luck :-)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!