Getting back on track

Options
Hi there, so I just wanted to create a quick post with a little bit of my personal advice for anyone who has hit a bump in their weight loss journey and are wondering how to get back on track.
I'm sharing what works for me as it's taken me a long time to figure out the key to success and I wish someone had been there to offer me this simple advice.
I've now lost 80 lbs and am well on my way to my long term goals, for me the biggest change in this attempt to lose weight compared to the countless attempts in the past has been this:
LOSE THE GUILT.
It's really simple but really works.
So you've had a "bad" few days? So you've "cheated" and eaten like a pig? Well ok, remember 2 things. 1- You are human. 2- You are in this for life.
The way I've dealt with this is to simply remind myself that i'm committed to losing the weight and keeping it off for good therefore if occasionally I really feel like I just a weekend of indulgence well then I allow myself to do that without guilt. I enjoy myself, maybe put on a pound or two and then get right back on track without feelings of guilt.
This may not work for everyone and I'm not encouraging anyone to lose all control and gain as much as they like, all I'm saying is if you gently remind yourself that we are all human and it's ok to sometimes slip up then it makes those big daunting goals more manageable.
Foe me personally i've always found the stricter and harsher I was with myself, the more weight i'd eventually gain back when I realised I couldn't live with such restrictions forever. So this time I've banished the guilt and I'm kinder to myself and my body has thanked me for it time and time again as the weight drops on the scales.
Good luck everyone x

Replies

• the_britster
    the_britster Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Thanks, it's really nice to have some advice about how to loose weight again after being off for a while
  • BrennLinn
    BrennLinn Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    This is exactly what I needed today, thank you so much for posting!!!