40 Tips for a Powerful New You

Options
icandoit
icandoit Posts: 4,163 Member
> Take a 10-30 minute walk every day. And while you walk, smile. It is the ultimate anti-depressant.
> Sit in silence for at least 10 minutes each day. Buy a lock if you have to.
> Buy a TIVO, tape your late night shows and get more sleep.
> When you wake up in the morning complete the following statement: ’My purpose is to___________ today.’
> Live with the 3 E’s: Energy, Enthusiasm, and Empathy.
> Watch more movies, play more games and read more books than you did in 2007.
> Spend more time with people over the age of 70 and under the age of 6.
> Dream more while you are awake.
> Eat more foods that grow on trees and plants and eat fewer foods that are manufactured in plants.
> Drink green tea & plenty of water and eat blueberries, wild Alaskan salmon, broccoli, almonds & walnuts.
> Try to make at least 3 people smile each day.
> Clear your clutter from your house, your car, your desk and let new and flowing energy into your life.
> Don’t waste your precious energy on gossip, issues of the past negative thoughts or things you cannot control. Instead invest your energy in the positive present moment.
> Realize that life is a school and you are here to learn. Problems are simply part of the curriculum that appear and fade away like algebra class but the lessons you learn will last a lifetime.
> Eat breakfast like a king, lunch like a prince and dinner like a pauper.
> Smile and laugh more.
> Life isn’t fair, but it’s still good.
> Life is too short to waste time hating anyone.
> Don’t take yourself so seriously. No one else does.
> You don’t have to win every argument. Agree to disagree.
> Make peace with your past so it won’t spoil the present.
> Don’t compare your life to others. You have no idea what their journey is all about.
> Burn the candles, use the nice sheets, and wear the fancy lingerie. Don’t save it for a special occasion. Today is special.
> No one is in charge of your happiness except you.
> Frame every so-called disaster with these words: ’In five years, will this matter?’
> Forgive everyone everything.
> What other people think of you is none of your business.
> Time heals almost everything. Give time time.
> However good or bad a situation is, it will change.
> Your job won’t take care of you when you are sick. Your friends will.
> Stay in touch.
> Get rid of anything that isn’t useful, beautiful or joyful.
> Envy is a waste of time. You already have all you need.
> The best is yet to come.
> No matter how you feel, get up, dress up and show up.
> Do the right thing.
> Call your mother and father often.
> Each night before you go to bed complete the following statements: ’I am thankful for __________.’ ’Today I accomplished____________.’
> Remember that you are too blessed to be stressed.
> Enjoy the ride. Remember that this is not Disneyland and you certainly don’t want a ’fast pass.’

Replies

• icandoit
    Options
    > Take a 10-30 minute walk every day. And while you walk, smile. It is the ultimate anti-depressant.
    > Sit in silence for at least 10 minutes each day. Buy a lock if you have to.
    > Buy a TIVO, tape your late night shows and get more sleep.
    > When you wake up in the morning complete the following statement: ’My purpose is to___________ today.’
    > Live with the 3 E’s: Energy, Enthusiasm, and Empathy.
    > Watch more movies, play more games and read more books than you did in 2007.
    > Spend more time with people over the age of 70 and under the age of 6.
    > Dream more while you are awake.
    > Eat more foods that grow on trees and plants and eat fewer foods that are manufactured in plants.
    > Drink green tea & plenty of water and eat blueberries, wild Alaskan salmon, broccoli, almonds & walnuts.
    > Try to make at least 3 people smile each day.
    > Clear your clutter from your house, your car, your desk and let new and flowing energy into your life.
    > Don’t waste your precious energy on gossip, issues of the past negative thoughts or things you cannot control. Instead invest your energy in the positive present moment.
    > Realize that life is a school and you are here to learn. Problems are simply part of the curriculum that appear and fade away like algebra class but the lessons you learn will last a lifetime.
    > Eat breakfast like a king, lunch like a prince and dinner like a pauper.
    > Smile and laugh more.
    > Life isn’t fair, but it’s still good.
    > Life is too short to waste time hating anyone.
    > Don’t take yourself so seriously. No one else does.
    > You don’t have to win every argument. Agree to disagree.
    > Make peace with your past so it won’t spoil the present.
    > Don’t compare your life to others. You have no idea what their journey is all about.
    > Burn the candles, use the nice sheets, and wear the fancy lingerie. Don’t save it for a special occasion. Today is special.
    > No one is in charge of your happiness except you.
    > Frame every so-called disaster with these words: ’In five years, will this matter?’
    > Forgive everyone everything.
    > What other people think of you is none of your business.
    > Time heals almost everything. Give time time.
    > However good or bad a situation is, it will change.
    > Your job won’t take care of you when you are sick. Your friends will.
    > Stay in touch.
    > Get rid of anything that isn’t useful, beautiful or joyful.
    > Envy is a waste of time. You already have all you need.
    > The best is yet to come.
    > No matter how you feel, get up, dress up and show up.
    > Do the right thing.
    > Call your mother and father often.
    > Each night before you go to bed complete the following statements: ’I am thankful for __________.’ ’Today I accomplished____________.’
    > Remember that you are too blessed to be stressed.
    > Enjoy the ride. Remember that this is not Disneyland and you certainly don’t want a ’fast pass.’
  • dgsloc
    dgsloc Posts: 5
    Options
    Wow--so powerful. Thanks so much for sharing that. I printed a copy for me and one for my daughter.:wink:
  • icandoit
    Options
    You are welcome:flowerforyou:
  • nicole0177
    nicole0177 Posts: 377
    Options
    wow those are great i printed them out and im gonna hang them on my wall so i can see them everyday.