HELP! How Do I lose all this Ab FAT?!

Options
I had a child 2 years ago and for the LONGEST time now, I am having issues tightening up my ab muscles again. My skin on my stomach just won't tighten up! I do all kinds of different ab workouts, swim, and lots LOTS of cardio and I am eating clean and healthy. It has been 2.5 months and it doesn't seem to be getting any better. Any suggestions on what I can do or try? Please let me know! Thanks!

Replies

• bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    Is the problem skin or fat or lack of muscle definition? Or a combination of those.

Diet and exercise will lose the fat, but they won't tighten skin. I'd suggest a good core strength workout in addition to what you are now doing, a healthy diet, and make sure to keep hydrated and use a good lotion on your tummy to keep the skin supple. Then give it time to return to normal.
  • skylark94
    skylark94 Posts: 2,036 Member
    Options
    You can't spot reduce. Keep working on overall fat loss, lift heavy, don't over cardio, eat enough, and the overall poundage will come off.

Hate to say it, but the skin may or may not recover. If you have a lot of stretch marks, the damage can be permanent, but fat loss will definitely make the area look better. My youngest is 8 years old and I still have droopy skin on my abdomen. It's just part of being a mom.
  • CoachReddy
    CoachReddy Posts: 3,949 Member
    Options
    I had a child 2 years ago and for the LONGEST time now, I am having issues tightening up my ab muscles again. My skin on my stomach just won't tighten up! I do all kinds of different ab workouts, swim, and lots LOTS of cardio and I am eating clean and healthy. It has been 2.5 months and it doesn't seem to be getting any better. Any suggestions on what I can do or try? Please let me know! Thanks!

based on your profile picture... I'd say start being more conscious of the types of foods you're eating... abs are made in the kitchen!