Ladies only

Options

Replies

• ncseabrze
    ncseabrze Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I don't really crave anything. I just get hungry and nothing is satisfying. The weight roller coaster that accompanies this is frustrating!
  • CrystalDreams
    CrystalDreams Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    I feel like it starts two weeks before my period and then gets easier when my period ends. So, I have roughly ONE WEEK a month when I'm not fighting the beast.

I have this too! Rawr.
  • Okapi42
    Okapi42 Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    Yup. We call it "locust mode" in our household. What's funny is that my partner and I crave different things. She craves crunchy, carby things. I crave salty, or better yet salty and sweet, things. It's insane.

Hah, I love the "locust mode" label, that describes it exactly.

Like most people here, it's chocolate for me. And salty things. And tinned peaches - not the taste, but the mouthfeel!
  • majoki
    majoki Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I think I may get a little hungrier, but not every month... just some months I notice it. Then again, I'm the one who, when my gynecologist asks the date of my last period, I always look at my doctor and say "uhhhhhmmmm...." :laugh:
  • hellokittyykat
    hellokittyykat Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Yes! on it right now and it's horrible. I'm trying so hard to hold back! lol
  • Saaaam42
    Saaaam42 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Biiiiiiiiiiiiiig time....
  • Femmekid
    Femmekid Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    Yep! I pretty much crave sweets and fast food. I hardly ever eat fast food (once every 4-6 months) and I don't really crave or want chocolate when I'm not on my TOTM.
  • Starfish1125
    Starfish1125 Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Oh yeah. If it is chocolate, salty or carb-like - I WANT it. :laugh:
  • keepitcroosh
    keepitcroosh Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    Why must we suffer like this!
  • quirkytizzy
    quirkytizzy Posts: 4,052 Member
    Options
    Yep. For every period I've had for the last 20 + years.

It's not new news for me. 20 + years of previous experience in it and all.
  • glynda66
    glynda66 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    YES!!! Im experiencing that now... =/
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    I find myself hungrier a few days before, and thirstier during. Nothing that would blow my calories, but I do go over on my sugars more. I do a lot of baking in the week before. It's a hint that TOM is coming...:laugh:

P.S. Sending love out to those who suffer during TOM. I've been blessed with short, light, easy periods all my life - more of a slight inconvenience than anything else. My sister gets hideous migraines so I know it can be a pain - literally - for some of you! :heart:
  • JediMomof3
    JediMomof3 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    YES! Chocolate, Caffeine, and Greasy cheesy hamburgers! UGH. I have managed to fight the hamburger ones but the caffeine and chocolate Yikes!
  • ms_leanne
    ms_leanne Posts: 523
    Options
    I used to binge so much during TOM but since losing weight I've found it's not as bad. The cramps have eased off too. Mine lasts about 5 days and is very regular as I am on the pill but back when I was 18 before i started taking it they were painful, 8 days long and very heavy.

I'm on now and get a little bit of back pain for a few days. The cold weather doesn't help that (and a cold flat). Have felt a bit more hungrier than usual but try to hold off and nowhere near as bad as I used to be.
  • vicky1804
    vicky1804 Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    Yep,I'm all finished this month but have ate nearly everything in site the last 4 days. Mostly stuff that isnt good for me
  • CherokeeBabe
    CherokeeBabe Posts: 1,704 Member
    Options
    I always crave sweets and carb combinations. Cookies in particular, and chocolate bars, sometimes PB/Choco. I hold back pretty well, only let myself have two cookies last time and never binged the whole week. It was a particularly painful week with massive bent-over-double cramps-with-tears-in-my-eyes for the first 3 days, so I was happy with myself. :)
  • SquidgySquidge
    SquidgySquidge Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Yup!

Can barely stand let alone eat on the first day due to the intense pains I get but after that, chocolate mainly (but that is my weakness most days) and just food in general lol.
    Now I'm thinking of it, I do crave a lot of carbs. Last month I developed a thing for eggs with marmite on toast.
  • LindseySprake
    LindseySprake Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    aghhhh yep! Sugar, carbs and chocolate, chocolate, chocolate!!
  • LindseySprake
    LindseySprake Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    eggs with marmite on toast.

I :heart: ^THIS^
  • taniaxkoi
    taniaxkoi Posts: 18
    Options
    During TOTM I find myself snacking more on sugary foods and less healthy food, but then feel the guilt the following week!